2 : officially a floridan

[y/n's pov]

THE FLIGHT wasn't that bad. It might've been because I was in business class, might not have. Kismet surely enjoyed it though; the striped pup was asleep most of the time, and when not, he got to enjoy the warmth and comfort of the blankets and cushioning around him. Experiences aside, I'd been dropped off at the house, the seller was waiting at the house, keys in hand. The home seller was kind enough to help me move bags and cardboard boxes into the house. I was shocked at how spacy the place was. I didn't look at ALL the pictures and had recently just found out there was a whole-ass MOVIE ROOM. I waved goodbye to the seller as she drove away, continuously waving until she was out of my view. I immediately shut the door, sighing. "So, this is my home for about a year, Kismet?" I spoke to him, letting him out of his carrier. He didn't really do anything except prance out of his cage and sniff around the house. I called Cassidy, who immediately answered.

"HEYYYY!!! Give me a house tour!" Cassidy exclaimed as soon as the call had connected.

"Gotcha, gotcha," I said. "Okay, so this is the kitchen!! It's, like, really spacious, and there are freaking LEDs in the crooks of the table, so the chairs kind of light up," I started touring around the house. There was a medium-sized pool next to a beautiful view of the horizon. There were three bedrooms and three bathrooms. And, of course, the movie room, which Cassidy also freaked out about.

"I'm literally going to have to move into your house in Florida. I mean, who's gonna take the other two rooms?" Cassidy was practically beaming at my house and probably wasn't lying either.

"I mean... I was planning on giving a room to Kismet...." I joked, laughing when I saw Cassidy's face drop. "All jokes aside, one is going to be a guest room. I don't really know what I'm going to do with the other," I sighed.

"Maybe... the man of your DREAMS will be in that room!" Cassidy exclaimed, determination glimmering in her eyes.

"Cass, be so for real right now. I'm here for time to MYSELF, keyword: myself. M-Y-S-E-L-F." I frowned. "And, as if I'll meet some dreamy guy in Bradenton." I crossed my arms, softening my expression. What if I did? I thought, but quickly pushed that thought away. It was me-time.

"Hey, n/n, I got to go! I have to get ready for some date with a super hot skater chick." Cassidy grinned before ending the call.

"Wait- what?" I didn't have the slightest idea of what she was talking about. I sighed; even though the flight attendants supplied me with decent meals on the plane, I was still hungry. I sat down at a dining chair, Kismet lying at my feet, and searched on my phone "good cafes near me."

-.*~*.-

I HAD pre-ordered everything to come today, so everything should be coming soon. At that moment, I heard a "ding-dong" ring throughout the house, which was most likely the doorbell. I headed over to the door, Kismet trailing behind me, and opened it.

It was a Tesla delivery woman, "I have a uhm- delivery for Y/n Murray?" she spoke.

"That would be me," I smiled at her.

"Ah! Hello! If you could just sign here, this beauty will be all yours," she motioned to an ash-gray Tesla parked in my driveway.

I happily signed the paper, and she walked to her car-hauler truck. I moved over to where the new car was, grinning ear-to-ear. After staring at it for a solid minute, I skipped back into my house.

"Kismet, hun!" I cooed as the dog trotted over to me. "Mama is gonna be out for a few, be good, okay?"

Kismet did not bark. He just stared.

I exited the house, locked the doors, and made my way to the car. I slid into the driver's seat and turned the car on. I played some music, specifically indie, and started driving to the cafe I found.

-.*~*.-

I WAS happily driving when I heard continuous honking in the distance. It couldn't be. Not right now!!

A traffic jam.

Tens of hundreds of cars lined up, slowly moving forward. I sighed. "If only Kismet had a phone, I could just tell them I'll be gone for like two hours...."

"Right? I would've told my dog too."

I flinched, turning my head to the left. It was a brown-haired guy who seemed to be my age and was pretty attractive.

"Sorry! I, uhm- didn't mean to scare you or anything. I just wanted to converse with someone because who knows how long we'll be in this jam?" He seemed to be joking.

"No, no. It's fine. I just didn't really expect anybody to normally talk instead of yelling 'HURRY UP, LAZY!!!!'" I whisper-yelled my mimicking of a man in a typical traffic jam, smiling awkwardly at him as awkward silence played between us. It was louder than the honking of all the cars in the jam.

"Haha... so, where ya heading?" he asked, attempting to start up the conversation again.

"I'm going to some cafe I found off of Yelp," I answered him, getting the signal that actually talking to each other would be much better than awkward silence.

"No way! Is it Orange Blossom Cafe?!" He suddenly exclaimed.

"Uhm- yeah. How'd you know?" I asked uncertainly.

"I'm going to the same place! Do you think we can stop and chat there?" He stated enthusiastically.

"Sure, I just hope this traffic jam hurries up," as if what I had said triggered something, the long line of cars started moving quickly.

"See you there!!" The man had started driving ahead of me as he made his way through the streets.

Oh boy.

(a/n)

lizzy, be quiet. im not grinding. but anywayss two chapters in a day!! that's pretty good, hm? i love you all smmm please please please drink water and stay healthy!!!<3:)