Chapter six: The White Lotus

A/N- The new avatar trailer looks so good! I hope it's better than the movie. Happy holidays and enjoy!

The three benders found some clothes for Amari to wear so that she wouldn't stand out. Iroh and Amari are riding on the ostrich-horse while Zuko walks beside them. Iroh moans in pain.

"Maybe we should make camp." Iroh sighs, "No please, don't stop just for me!" Amari chuckles lightly at Iroh.

They all hear something in the distance. Amari pulls on the reins stopping. "What now?" Zuko says annoyed.

Amari gets off the ostrich-horse. She looks in front of them. "There is group of them." She looks to Zuko, "Get ready." He nods at the girl.

Colonel Mongke and the Rough Rhinos appear in front of them. "Colonel Mongke! What a pleasant surprise!"

Amari senses something off. "If you're surprised we're here, then the Dragon of the West has lost a few steps."

The Rough Rhinos prepare to battle. Zuko looks surprised, "You know these guys?"

"Sure. Colonel Mongke and the Rough Rhinos are legendary. Each one is a different kind of weapon specialist. They are also a very capable singing group."

"We're not here to give a concert. We're here to apprehend fugitives!" Zuko and Amari look at each other. "Would you like some tea first? I'd love some. How about you, Kahchi? I make you as a jasmine man. Am I right?"

"Enough stalling! Round 'em up!" The Rough Rhinos all attack the three benders.

Amari creates a huge fire wall. She sends it towards three of the Rhinos. She starts sending fireballs at another. She sees Zuko and Iroh handling the Rhinos well.

"Zuko! Get on the ostrich!" Zuko looks at her confused. "Now!" Zuko and Iroh get on the ostrich-horse. Amari whips it's behind so it runs off.

"You left yourself defenseless." Amari smirks at Colonel Mongke. "There's a reason why I'm the fire nation's best soldier."

Amari conjures fire tornados. She sends two at three of them. Then she hits another with a wave of white fire. Finally she blasts Colonel Mongke with her red lightning.

In all the smoke she blasts herself into the air using her fire. She catches up with the two other men. "We won't have to worry about them anymore."

Zuko runs towards Amari. "Don't do that ever again." He unexpectedly pulls her in for a hug.

-~-~-~-

Iroh, Amari, and Zuko are sitting down in the Misty Palms Oasis tavern. "No one here is going to help us. These people just look like filthy wanderers."

"So do we. Ah, this is interesting. I think I found our friend." Zuko and Amari turn to look where Iroh was pointing. "You brought us here to gamble on Pai Sho?"

"I don't think this is a gamble." Amari raises an eyebrow at the old man. "Who knocks at the garden gate?" Iroh smiles at the girl and nods, "One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries."

Amari gets what Iroh is doing. He's using the White Lotus to his advantage. Wise man.

Iroh walks up the the man with the Pai Sho in front of him. "May I have this game?"

Amari felt something off. She looked around the tavern. She briefly saw two men staring at them. They know who we are. Or at least Iroh and Zuko.

Amari looked back at the Pai Sho table. The tiles now formed the shape of a lotus flower. She smiles at them.

The men that were staring at them came over. "It's over! You fugitives are coming with me!"

The man the was playing Iroh stood up quickly. "I knew it! You three are wanted criminals with a giant bounty on your heads!"

Zuko whispers something to Iroh. Iroh places a hand on Zuko's shoulder to reassure him.

"You think you're going to capture them and collect all that gold!?" The while bar goes silent when the man yells gold.

The whole bar gets in a tussle to who's going to get the gold. The old man sneaks the firebenders away.

-~-~-~-

Amari feels someone grab her hand. She looks and sees Zuko holding her hand. Zuko glances at Iroh. "Now that you played Pai Sho, are you going to do some flower arranging, or is someone in this club going to offer some real help."

Amari lightly squeezes Zuko, hand. "Be patient, Z." Iroh looks at our new helper, "You must forgive my nephew. He is not an initiate and has little appreciation for the cryptic arts."

Iroh knocks twice on a door. A man slides the peephole open. "Who knocks at the garden gate?"

"One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries." Iroh and Amari say at the same time.

The door opens. The Pai Sho player walks in. Zuko tries to walk in too, but Iroh stops him. "I'm afraid it's members only. Wait out here. Come on in Amari."

Amari looks at Zuko, then at Iroh, "I'll wait with Zuko. But make sure to remember one of my favorite gems, Jade."

Iroh nods and walks in the room. "You know you didn't have to wait with me." Amari sits on the ground, "I didn't want you to wait out here alone. Besides, I have an idea what they are going to be talking about."

Zuko sits beside Amari, "What are they talking about?" Amari faces Zuko, "Time will tell, Z." She lays her head in his shoulder and closes her eyes.

-~-~-~-

The two firebenders were asleep on the floor. They hear a squeak. Zuko stands up abruptly, waking Amari. "What's going on? Is the club meeting over?"

Amari stands up next to Zuko. "Everything is taken care of. We're heading to Ba Sing Se."

"Ba Sing Se? Why would we go to the Earth Kingdom Capital?" The Pai Sho player speaks calmly, "The city is filled with refugees. No will notice three more."

"We can hide in plain sight there. And it's the safest place in the world from the Fire Nation. Even I couldn't break through to the city. And Amari."

Iroh hands Amari a small package. "Jade, just like you suggested." She bows to the Pai Sho player, "Thank you."

-~-~-~-

Amari, Zuko, and Iroh all escape on a wooden wagon hiding in flower pots.

The three firebenders are on their way to the Earth Kingdom Capital.