Chapter eight: Secret Firebenders in Ba Sing Se

The three firebenders are in their new apartment. Zuko is sitting on the couch with Amari lying her head on his lap.

They had just come back from market. Iroh was setting up some flowers that he had bought.

-~-~-~-

They were now standing in a tea shop. Zuko was pouting, Amari was standing with a bored expression, and Iroh was trying to tied his apron.

"Well, you certainly look like official tea servers. How do you feel?" Zuko huffs, "Ridiculous."

"Uh, does this possibly come in a larger size?" Iroh asks the owner, the owner says, "I have extra string in the back. Have some tea while you wait!"

Pao, the owner, pours them each a cup of tea. He heads to the back of the shop. Iroh takes a sip and his face contorts in disgust.

"Blech! This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!" Zuko rolls his eyes, "Uncle, that's what all tea is."

Iroh looks at him with disbelief, "How could a member of my own family say something so horrible?" Amari giggles, "Yeah Z, how could you?!" Zuko rolls his eyes once again.

"We'll have to make some major changes around here." Iroh dumps the tea out the window. Amari hears a light gasp. As Iroh walks back towards them, she narrows her eyes at the window.

-~-~-~-

The trio are now at their apartment. Dark has fallen over the sky. Zuko is laying his head on Amari's lap. Amari sits under a lying down Zuko.

"Would you like a pot of tea?" The old man suggests to the pair, "We've been working in a tea shop all day! I'm sick of tea!"

"Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!" Amari shakes her head laughing, "I'll have a cup." He nods promptly at the girl.

"Have you seen the spark rocks to heat up the water?" They both shake their head. Iroh leaves the apartment view. Amari sneakily looks out the window and sees a slight silhouette. She bends her head over Zuko's ear, "Someone is spying on us."

Zuko's eyes slightly widen, Iroh returns with new spark rocks, "I borrowed our neighbors'. Such kind people."

Zuko and Amari have to share the same bed. They are in their room. Zuko asks Amari softly, "Is there anyone spying now?" Amari shakes her head.

Zuko straightens his back, "Who do you think it could be?" Amari pauses her for a second and looks at the Prince. "The same person we helped steal food to feed the people on the ferry."

-~-~-~-

The next day the trio of undercover firebenders were in the tea shop. The shops has really become more and more popular because of Iroh's tea making.

Amari is coming out from the back to see Jet bust down the door. "I'm tired of waiting!" Jet points a finger at Iroh and Zuko, "These two men are firebenders! And they are holding a girl hostage!" Jet looks at Amari after he said that.

Amari just looked at him confused and concerned. "What are you talking about?" Jet starts to walk over to Amari, "I know they're firebenders, I saw the old man heating his tea."

Zuko quickly goes in front of Amari, shielding her from Jet. "He works in a tea shop." One of the customers says bleakly.

"He's a firebender! I'm telling you!" One of the customers stood up. He looked like one of the Ferry Guards. "Drop your swords, boy. Nice and easy."

Jet slowly walks towards Zuko and Amari, "You'll have to defend yourself. Then everyone will know. Go ahead, show them what you can do."

Zuko whispers in Amari's ear, "Stay behind." Zuko grabs one of the Ferry Guards broadswords swords, "You want a show? I'll give you a show."

He pulls a table in front of him with his door and kicks it at Jet, who slices the table with her swords and jumps over it. As he lands, he swings both hook swords at the Fire Nation Prince, who deflects the attack and jumps backward on to another table, which Jet sliced in half.

Zuko quickly jumps up, and as he lands, he swings both broadswords at Jet's feet, and Jet somersaults away and lands in a crouching position before charging forward at Zuko again.

The Fire Prince swings both of his swords at Jet. Both weapons clash, Jet knocks Zuko through the door. Jet runs after the Prince. He strikes at Zuko with both swords. Zuko defends the strike and both combatants lock swords.

Jet whispers something in Zuko's face. "Please, son, you're confused! You don't know what you're doing!" Amari runs out of the shop and stands next to Iroh. "Jet! Stop!"

Zuko growls with anger and kicks Jet back, then swings at him. Jet stops Zuko's broadswords with the end of his hook swords, spins around and deflects it to the side. The Prince spins with his swords and tries to counterattack. Zuko retreats back a few steps to defend himself.

"Bet you wish you could do a little fire blast right now to help." Jet swings at Zuko's feet, Zuko stabs one of his swords through the hilt, pinning it to the ground. "You're the one who needs help!"

A crowd starts to form around the fight. Amari gets annoyed at Jet. She sees a water fountain up ahead. 'Wait a little longer Zuko. Then I can help you with this lunatic.' The girl thinks in her head.

They keep fighting. Amari sees the perfect opportunity and grabs it. "Jet, stop!"

She uses the water from the water fountain and holds Jet in the water. Dai Li agents walk up, "Drop your weapons." Amari let's go of Jet and Zuko drops his swords.

Jet points his weapon at Zuko and Iroh, "Arrest them! They're firebenders, and they're holding a waterbender hostage!"

Amari hides behind Zuko. "This poor boy is confused. We're just simple refugees." Amari pretends to look scared. "Jet, why would you scare everyone here that my family are firebenders? And hurting me in the process of providing a point that's not even true!"

Pao arrives at the scene, "This young man wrecked my tea shop, and assaulted my employees!"

One of the Ferry guards tell the Dai Li, "It's true, sir. We saw the whole thing. This crazy kid attacked the finest tea maker in the city."

Iroh blushes, but Amari is being held by Zuko. The girl pretends to be scared of the Freedom Fighter. "Why? Why, Jet. The fire nation has hurt everyone. Why would you want to scare everyone within these walls? We're safe here."

The two Dai Li agents look at Jet furiously. "Come with us, son." The agents disarm Jet and bind his hands using their rock gloves.

They take Jet away. Pao gives the firebenders the rest of the night off. They make their way back to their small apartment.

-~-~-~-

Amari is brushing her hair while Zuko is already lying down on the couch. "You did a great job covering for us out there, Mari." Amari sets down her brush and walks towards Zuko.

"Thanks, Z." The pair climb under the covers of bed and drift off to sleep. Zuko looks down at the sleeping girl. He smiles and kisses her head. Then his mind wanders off to sleep.