5

Tom stiffened at the word boyfriend. "You can leave now." He spat.

The man ducked his head nodding as he awkwardly slid past us down the hall, and out the front door.
As soon as he was out of sight Tom roughly pushed me off of him, causing me to stumble a bit.

"I'm not your fucking boyfriend. So don't get it twisted." He said the word boyfriend like it was the plague, an unreadable expression on his face somewhere in between disgust, and hate.

I rubbed my arm, hurt at the sudden change in the way he was acting towards me.

"I didn't think you were. I just.."

"I'm going back to bed. Think you can manage on your own?" Tom was being sarcastic again, yawning as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I felt embarrassed, like I was ashamed for needing his help. It made me almost angry; Why is he making me feel bad for almost getting attacked? Fuck him!

I scowled, "Yea, goodnight." With that I turned, marching back into the room I was in before, checking to make sure there weren't any more unwanted guests.

Once I was sure I was alone, I locked the door this time, and tried to get some sleep with whatever hours I had left.

I woke a few hours later, the room still mostly dark from the closed blinds. I panicked sitting up quickly, and scoured the bed for my phone. Aha! Buried under the covers by my feet.

11:34!!?!?

I never sleep this late! It's Wednesday, okay, that's fine classes don't start today, they start tomorrow. I stretched not missing the killer headache throbbing at the base of my skull; I groaned rubbing the back of my neck, and pulling myself up to stand. Faintly I could hear Bill and Natalie talking, just them though. Maybe everyone else left already?

My suspicion was correct when I crept through the hall, finding Nat and Bill alone in the kitchen cleaning up the mess from last night; both looking much more refreshed than I did.

"You're still here!" Natalie beamed when she saw me. "Thank god! I was so worried. I'm so sorry!" She walked over throwing her arms around me, smiling I leaned into her touch, and returned the kind gesture.

"It's okay! I slept in a guest room." Natalie grinned as she released me, and ruffled my head. I groaned at the contact, my brain still throbbing.

"So, how's your first hangover?" I shook my head, shooting her a playful glare, "Not good."

"You get used to it!" Bill chimed in from his spot in the kitchen, scrubbing away at some dirty dishes.

I'm not sure if I even want to drink again. Sure, most of the night was good, but the rest.. not so much. How I feel right now isn't worth the semi good feeling I got last night. Today I'm going to have to prepare for the classes I have tomorrow while feeling like I got hit by a damn tractor.

Tom sleepily walked into the kitchen, wearing his usual, an over sized black t-shirt, but some sweatpants instead of jeans this time, and a beanie instead of a bandana. I don't know why he got his hair done like that if he's just gonna cover it up most of the time.

He shuffled over to the coffee machine, rubbing his tired, swollen eyes. Tom almost looked cute, until Bill said good morning to him, and he gave him a murderous look. It was the same look he gave that guy last night, and then gave to me right he after.
I had almost forgotten about everything until I saw Tom.

'I'm not your fucking boyfriend. So don't get it twisted.'

His words played in my mind stinging like a fresh wound. I never thought he was, it wasn't even me who said it. Still, the malice in his tone when he said it made my chest ache. For the most part yesterday he had been nice to me, those moments I always appreciate.