9

"Where'd you go the other night?"

I crossed my arms, confused. "What do you mean? I stayed in your room."

He flashed a puzzled look. "You were? Natalie told me you left."

She what! For what reason though?

"No, I waited for you. She said Bill needed you, he was too drunk."

Tom looked off to the side, as if he was trying to think back last weekend.

"Well he was, but I wouldn't say he needed my help. He was passed out on the bathroom floor so I carried him in bed. When she told me you left I stayed to make sure he wouldn't get sick in the middle of the night."

I was even more addled now.
So bill did need help, at least getting into bed; but why would Natalie say I left? And what the fuck was she doing in there all night if Bill was passed out drunk?

"I tried to wait for you in the morning, but she seemed pretty intent on getting me out of there." I admitted, trying to gauge Toms expression.

He seemed to be 'good' Tom for the most part; at least I hadn't detected any rudeness yet.

"Hmm." His lips fell into a flatline, "Natalie's just weird sometimes." He shrugged it off.

Although I didn't press the subject any further, the idea of Natalie just 'being weird' wasn't enough for me.

"You look nice today. Wanna come over later, continue where we left off?" A blush quickly rose up my face. Tom lounged back into his chair, a smirked splayed on his lips.

I opened my mouth to speak, and was rudely interrupted by the teacher walking into class to start our lesson.
I tried to focus on her, but I couldn't think about anything other than Toms proposal for later.
He had slowly slid his chair closer to mine.

"So..?" He whispered, leaning next to me, pretending like he was reading off of my notes.

"I uh.." I blushed, looking to the side.

"Come on, you know you want to." I felt Toms elbow gently brush against my side, leaving me even more flustered than before.
I nodded my head, feeling too nervous to verbally respond.

"I wanna hear you say it."

I bit my cheek, trying to muster up the courage to respond. Toms eyes bore into me, although I couldn't meet his.

"Yes."

He leaned in further, as if that was possible, pressing his side against mine.

"Yes..?"

I gripped the side of my chair.
It's really hot in here.

"Yes.. I will come over later."

Tom nodded, proud of himself, and scooted away; removing the heat that his body had left along my side.
I tucked a strand of hair away from my face, trying to compose myself to the best of my ability, but I'm sure I failed miserably.

"Great." I met his eyes, receiving a wink from him in return.

The rest of class was a blur. Every now, and then I could see Tom looking in my direction from my peripheral vision.
And of course I tried my best not to look, but I couldn't help myself.
Stealing little glances, and flashing soft smiles.
My stomach coiled thinking of my plans for this evening.

Although I'm nervous, and am probably going to need a drink to calm my nerves. I'm excited at the same time.
The bell rang, signaling my departure. I shot Tom a quick wave, hurrying out the door and on to my next class the building over.