14

Three weeks later Natalie had yet to make an appearance. It was so empty in the dorm; at first I really enjoyed the solitude, but then it got really lonely.
I began to miss the person I thought Nat was before. I was really hoping for a good roommate that I could have a close relationship with.

Toms also been distant since their party much to my dismay. I was hoping he would've caught on to what I meant.. or at least tried something again. He hasn't tried anything! I almost find myself missing his seduction attempts.
In class together he barely says a few words to me other than 'hey' or 'did you take notes yesterday?'.

Bill on the other hand has been around a lot, which is nice. He's kind of turned into my best friend in the last couple of weeks.
Most nights out of the week he'll drop by and let himself in with one of Natalie's old keys.
We'll talk for a bit, and help each other with homework.

Sometimes he'll bring some food, and a movie and that's how we'll spend the evening.
I think he's lonely too honestly. He told me how Nat had been his first real girlfriend. Sure, he had shared a few kisses with girls before and even dated this guy in high school for a few weeks, but no one ever got as close to him at Nat did.

She must have been a master manipulator to get that close to Bills heart. From what I've observed he's very cautious on who he gives himself to. He told me how he was smitten with Nat when him and Tom first saw her at a party over a year ago.
He was so upset when Tom was the one she wanted, but then when she started talking to him after he didn't care about her and Tom hooking up as long as he had his chance.

Apparently situations like that aren't uncommon with him and Tom. Bills first kiss was two days after Toms, with the same girl Tom shared his first kiss with. I've never heard of brothers sharing things the way they do.. people especially. I guess it's different when you're twins, or maybe it's just different because it's them.

Tonight Bill invited me to come over to their house for a change, and I'm really excited. It's a little embarrassing, but I've been hoping for him to ask me to come there since we started hanging out. Any excuse to be in close proximity to Tom. It's pretty embarrassing, but I can't help it. I want Tom, I want him so badly it hurts.

I had just finished applying the last coat of mascara when I heard the familiar jingle of keys and the latch of the door clicking open to reveal Bill.

"Hey B, how's it goin?" I smiled watching him as he walked over and sat down on my bed. He looked a little off balanced, his face pale.

"It's.. going." He sighed crossing his arms over his chest.

I set down my makeup and turned the chair to face towards him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice laced with concern.

"Yea.. it's just," he paused for a moment to lick his lips. "I saw.. something at the house, maybe we should just stay here?" He suggested, causing me to frown.

What could he have seen that had him that shaken up?

Then my heart sank a little at the voice in the back of my head making an assumption.

Tom probably has someone over.

Well now I have to know what he saw. It's going to eat me alive if I don't find out.

"What did you see?" I pressed, moving to sit next to him on the bed.

His eyes met mine briefly and he sighed again looking away.

"Natalie."

My heart sunk so deep in my chest it almost fell out my ass. He saw Natalie at the house.. does that mean she was there with Tom? There's no way!