Prologue

After screaming to the top of my lungs and nearly busting many vessels as I held my wife's hand as tight as possible, a beautiful sound of a crying child was heard all throughout the room. Instantly, I closed my eyes and leant back on the hospital bed. Child birth wasn't any easier the second go around, thankfully, this was my last time. Two kids was enough and if Kai wanted more then she would have to pop one out herself, or adopt but I was completely through with pregnancy and childbirth. I felt a towel gently wipe away the sweat from my forehead. "You did it yet again, angel," she whispered before she leant down to kiss my forehead. I smiled weakly and slowly opened my eyes just to see those forest green eyes looking straight into mine. "Believe it or not, you didn't break my hand like last time." She chuckled and I gave her an impish eye roll. Of course she was over-exaggerating, no matter how much she complained during the birth of our first child, a doctor clearly stated that I didn't break her hand during delivery, it was just a bit swollen.

"Well, here you are," the doctor said as she gave both of us a huge smile. Our baby was wrapped up in a white cloth with an adorable beanie on their tiny little head. Kai and I took the same route we did last go around. We didn't gain any knowledge on what the baby's sex was going to be so we could be surprised on the big day. Our first go around, we had lovable little boy which made Kai more than happy. She wanted a boy so badly so when she found out that was what I had, she freaked out. She became red in the face with excitement and she just held him for hours. I barely even got to touch Maddox the first few months that he was born. The only time Kai gave me time with him was when he had to be breastfed. The bond definitely stuck because Maddox wanted nothing to do with me, it was all about Kai. He was four years old, bouncing off the walls and the only person he cared about was his momma. Whenever Kai went to Chicago, he would cry for her and I could never get him to stop. He'd just stop on his own. "It's a little girl," the doctor said as she handed me my newfound daughter.

A huge smile spread across my face when I took her into my arms. She was rubbing her face with her eyes closed, looking as adorable as ever. Beforehand, I didn't care if we had another boy or our first and only girl; but now that I was holding her, I realized that I wanted a girl more than anything. Maddox bonded with Kai, but I knew I would bond with the innocent, little girl that was in my arms. I could teach her so many things that Kai couldn't, like how to fix her hair, how to apply make-up and how to be elegant and ladylike. I looked up from my daughter to Kai who was smiling lovingly. "Look, she's smiling at you," Kai told me and I looked back down at my smiling daughter. "Beautiful, just like her mother." I bit my lower lip when suddenly I felt a bit uncomfortable. It was time for the placenta delivery. Thankfully, it wasn't as painful as shooting out a baby.

After I delivered the placenta, Kai went out to inform our family and friends about the good news. They came in, in a matter of minutes. Everyone piled into the room, which had limited space for so many people. There were Kai friends, which consisted of her long time buddies, Jett, Phoenix, Charlie and Jamal, and then there was my friends Noa, Rico and Mariana, along with Kai's grandmother, all of my brothers and sisters and my son. Maddox was being held by Kai like the big four year old baby he was for her. "You've got a little sister, little man. Do you know what that means," I heard her whisper in his ear. He shook his head, but held her even tighter. "That means you have to take care of her. You're the big brother so you can't allow anything bad to happen to her, okay?" He nodded his head and she knelt down so he could look at his sister in the face. I held our unnamed daughter towards Maddox and his eyes glowed with adore.

"She's pretty and small," he said as a smile slowly spread across his face. He had beautiful green eyes just like Kai.

"You were just as small as her when you were a baby, big boy," I told him matter-of-factly. Maddox looked at Kai for a confirmation and she nodded her head in agreement.