☾ 5

"You f-cking idiot," Noa yelled at me as she banged her hand on the table. We were sitting at a diner for lunch. Kai and everyone else had gone to the aquarium. I was still a little sore from last night so I decided to stay behind. Noa was feeling nauseous so she stayed with me. I had just told her what I had told Kai, and obviously she wasn't pleased.

"Why would you even suggest that," she argued out loud as I shielded my face with embarrassment. "You know the first sign you see that she's been with someone else you're going to freak the f-ck out! Then I'll have to sit here and listen to the bullsh-t!" Noa angrily took a bite of her burger and I rolled my eyes at her.

I thought it was a pretty good idea. The idea was more in Kai's favor since I didn't want to sleep with anyone else. All I wanted was for her to be happy. She was always looking at other women so now she got her chance to act out on her thoughts. In return, I felt a bit more free without a ring on my finger. Everything just felt less stressful. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"It'll probably hurt at first, but she'll be happier and so will I. It's a lot of stress being married especially after you haven't seen the other person in months," I told her before taking a sip of water.

"So, what if she hits some like amazing, supernatural p-ssy, and she wants to leave you for someone else, smart ass? Tell me that," Noa said as she prompted her face up with her hands.

"If that happens then she didn't love me in the first place," I muttered. Noa sighed with disbelief. She threw her napkin down in her plate and I looked past her to the table behind us. A woman had just sat down at the table. She was looking down at her phone, but her brown eyes instantly looked up to mine. I quickly looked down as I gulped.

That couldn't be who I thought it was. I hadn't seen the girl in nearly a decade. When I glanced up again, she was no longer at the table but she was standing right at the table Noa and I was sitting at. I looked at her with wide eyes as my mouth ran dry. She had a huge smile on her face. Noa instantly stood up and tackled her. "Tessa! My main b-tch," she yelled as she pulled her into a tight hug.

There was no way Tessa was standing in front of me. Her skin was as radiant and beautiful as ever. I shook my head in disbelief and a smile crept onto my face as Noa finally let the girl go. "What? I don't get any love," she asked as she reached her arms out. I bit my lower lip and stood up to give her a hug. She held me tightly and I laughed as she squeezed me with a firm grip.

"You're going to kill me," I screamed before she finally let me go. She still looked the same. The only thing that was different was the tattoos she had, and the tiny bit of muscle she had put on. Other than that, she was still her beautiful self.

Tessa continued to smile at me as she seemed shocked to see me as well. Noa motioned for her to come and sit down at the table. I sat down and scooted over so Tessa could sit beside me. We were high school sweethearts and dated for a couple of years but I broke up with her because she was a bit too generous with presents. A year later, Kai came along although and she won my heart even though she was a bit overly generous with her money as well.

"What the hell are you two doing in Georgia," Tessa asked Noa and I in disbelief as she looked between us.

"The question is what the hell are you doing in Georgia?! As soon as you and Athena broke up, you stopped coming around," Noa shot back to Tessa. The beautiful girl just chuckled as a waitress walked up to take her order. Noa was quiet just long enough for Tessa to get her order in, but once the waitress was gone she started again. "Athena and I are on a road trip, hitting all the states of the U.S. that we can before the summer ends! We'll probably leave tonight to go somewhere else."