☾ 8

Kai and I gathered the kids and found a place to set up our picnic. In the basket was nothing special, just a few sandwiches, apples and chips. It wasn't much, but thankfully neither Kai nor the kids were picky eaters. We sat there on a blanket which was placed on the greenest grass that I've ever seen. They kind of reminded me of Kai's eyes which made me smile to myself a little bit. [a/n: what a lame ass]

"What are you over there grinning about, angel," Kai asked me before taking a bite out of her sandwich. Aspen was a bit mad at me so she was sitting on Kai's lap, actually eating. Before meeting up with Kai and Maddox, the two of us had some fun of our own. We slept in, did a bit of shopping, and then came down to Central Park. My daughter was mad at me because I wouldn't let her fly a kite like the other kids. In my defense, I was just trying to get to Kai and Maddox before they ate lunch or else the whole picnic idea would be ruined. I'd take her kite flying a bit later or something.

"Nothing. There's a lot of people out here," I told her as I looked around the lawn. Acres of the land was filled with people. Some were sunbathing, some having a picnic like us, and others were just hanging out on their phones or reading a book. The environment was nice. You could hear people laughing and chattering but you could also still concentrate. I actually liked Central Park and New York City for that matter. Maybe we could move here when the kids got a bit older. It had a slight bit of a Chicago feel to it. "What do you think about moving up here in the future?"

Kai leaned back and rested on the back of her hands as she looked over at me. A bit of a smile played on her lips before she shrugged her shoulders. "Too much traffic," she said simply. "Plus, the best thing about Tampa is that it's not as cold as Chicago. It doesn't snow, if we move over here then all of that is cancelled." That was true. It definitely wasn't as cold in Tampa. Nowhere close actually, but I actually liked the winter and I missed the snow. I don't think Aspen nor Maddox had the chance to play in actual snow in their lives yet.

"What do you guys think," I asked Aspen and Maddox. My son was a bit too much into his portable gaming system to even hear me and of course Aspen was still being a spoiled, yet adorable brat.

"Your mommy's talking to you, young man," Kai said in the exact same tone and volume as me. Maddox looked up almost instantly. How the hell?! He looked from Kai to me as his other mother chuckled. "What do you think about living here?"

"Does it snow here," he asked the both of us curiously.

"Yeah, it snows here and it's extra cold," I replied honestly.

"I like the cold!"

Finally he agreed with me on something. In excitement, I crawled over to him and pulled him into a tight hug. He laughed as he hugged me back. "Well, you two are obvious losers. I'm sure Aspen loves Tampa. Ain't that right, baby girl?" Aspen nodded as she cuddled into Kai. What a sellout! If only I had let her fly the damn kite!

"Mommy will take you kite flying later if you agree that you like New York City better," I cooed to her. Without a second thought, she jumped from Kai's lap and into mine.

"That's not fair! You can't bribe our children," Kai argued.

"I didn't bribe Maddox! He just likes the cold like his mommy! It's in his genes!" Kai flipped me off and I laughed out loud at how childish she was being. "Hey, we have a while to think about it! I don't want to move anytime soon."

Kai just grumbled and looked behind me. Her stare stayed fixated looking past me for way too long so of course, I turned around. There was a woman sitting on a towel with nerdy glasses. Her eyes were peering up from a thick book and giving Kai an interesting stare. Of course. We couldn't go anywhere without some b-tch coming for my girl. Kai literally attracted women like a magnet! Everywhere we went someone was staring at her without any shame at all!