Victim

Asami's POV

I yawned looking at the time before shutting up my lap top satisficed with the amount of information I've got. After complex breakdown of the symbol I found out that it was a The Kanji of Titan written under claw marks rather untidily. I rubbed my eyes as I collected all the data I've found out about the symbol and other conclusions from the autopsy. I decided to drop them off at detective Ackermans' desk at a time he won't be there, so that I won't have to face him any time soon. 

I briskly walked to his office noticing that all the desks in the whole department was empty. I knocked on the door and opening the door hoping to not receive any recognition as he won't be in the office at the time. "Where do you think you're barging into." I almost dropped the files startled by his voice. "I.... I came to give you these." I said putting the files down on his desk. "Didn't your shift end three hours ago." Levi said keeping his eyes strained on the paperwork. 

"I wanted to drop these off before I left." I said before turning on my heel to walk out of the office. Levi didn't say anything in response and I softly closed the door before letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

I walked back home wary of my surroundings due the late time I managed to leave work. I squeaked surprised by the vibration of my own phone, and I quickly fished it out of my handbag. "Asami speaking." I said to the receiver end. "Where are you, there's an emergency in Paradi college?" Levi said from the other side. Not even a hello, how rude. I thought at his reply. "I'm on my way home, it might take me a while to get there I'll need to catch a cab." I said turning my head to the road. "Where are you, I'll drive you there." Levi asked for my exact location and I swiftly sent him my location. 

 "Get in." Levi said pulling the car in front of me in a short while. I got into the black Camry he drove and my eyes widened at the white seat covers knowing many people didn't prefer white as a color for their seats. I buckled my seatbelt and Levi hit the accelerator driving off in an instant. We made it to the college in just a couple minutes and I saw the all too familiar blue and red light flashing. We stepped out of the car together and I quickly headed to the forensic tent. 

I tied my hair up into a bun securing it with a hair ribbon before I slipped into a pair of rubber gloves heading to the crime scene. I lifted the yellow tape up to enter the dorm room which was the scene of crime. 

I scanned the room painted in red the walls splattered with blood of the victim. "Ms. Asami." Chief said to me and I snapped my eyes towards before nodding my head. I turned my eyes to the victims body and I crouched down next to the white tarp covering the victims body and face. I lifted the tarp my eyes widening as I instantly recognized the face. Nagase, how did this even happen. I thought moving the tarp up to see the wound that resulted in her death. 

"Do you know the victim by any chance." Chief asked seeing my troubled expression. "Asami." He called out to me not getting a response from me. "Her name is Nagase Makino, she's a professor in practice in the law field." I said keeping my eyes on the wound which looked all too familiar. "The wound, it's exactly like the wound on the Titan victims body." I mumbled thinking deeply at all I've taken up today. 

I looked closely at the wound that has been carved at the base of her neck, and I pursed my lips remembering the distinct symbol. I observed the site a bit more pausing when I saw a glint of an object from underneath the bed. I took out the object and to my utter joy it was a dagger. I inspected the dagger and I smirked noticing an all too familiar sign on it. "Tch, what are you smiling at?" Levi asked as I dropped the dagger into a plastic bag to be taken as evidence.

"The dagger is a type that has gotten very famous lately, it's a twin dagger in the full set, so if we have one we can work to find the other one to find the murderer." I explained and Levi nodded in thought before walking up to the chief.