Patching Up

Asami's POV  

"Levi, can we talk." I asked grabbing hold of the the back of Levi's jacket to stop him from walking away. "Is it important." he asked and I lifted my gaze to the back on his head. "It can be." I said and he nodded his head to the black car in the distance. 

Flashback 

"You don't have to answer to this now but, whenever you're ready you can." Levi spoke making me snap my head up to meet his eyes. "What would happen if I left you there?"

Flashback end 

I'm going to do this now, it's now or never. I thought opening the passenger seat door slipping into the car with Levi. "So what is it." Levi asked starting the engine of the car. "You told me to answer you whenever I'm ready right." I spoke turning my head to meet his eyes. "But before that, I want you to answer my question." I turned my head back to the road. "Just spit it out." Levi scoffed turning the car to the right. 

"Why do you actually care about what would have happened, I mean as incompetent as I am it would not have been even a priority to save me right?" I asked him almost flying off my seat if wasn't for my seatbelt as we came to a screeching halt. 

"You heard that huh." He mumbled his gaze locking with my own. "I'm sorry." He said and my eyes widened seeing the concern in his eyes. "I was trying to get rid of Hanji, but I'm sure that doesn't justify what I said. But the truth is you're not incompetent, besides you're even more mature and way better than any other partner I've ever had. It's just that you remind me a lot of two people who were in my life." He confessed keeping his eyes glossing over in the end. "Isabel and Farlan." I mumbled making his head snap at me. 

"How did you....." Levi trailed off a dumbfounded expression taking over his face. "You mentioned them that night." I said and he smirked looking back to the road in front of us. I swear my partner is bipolar. I thought still shocked at how he changed his expressions so quickly. 

"So I gave you my answer, what about yours." Levi asked and I shook my head snapping out of it. "The drug they used wouldn't have worked for long, actually if we didn't manage to get to the hospital by the time we did you would've seen what can really happen." I paused for a second remembering the time the drug was used on me first. "When I was a kid Grisha used the same thing on me, so I know it's effects well." I added making Levi raise a brow at my remark. 

 (TW: Mentions of torture and drugs. Read at your own risk or please skip the flashback)

Flashback

I was laying on a medical bed my arms and legs strapped to it preventing my small frame from struggling and getting away from the place. Thanks to the bruises that littered my body I was already too exhausted to fight against the person who entered the room. 

"I believe we've gone over this process a couple of times now, Grisha this better be the last time." My father said to the man he called Grisha. "It'll be over before she realizes it." Grisha said picking up a needle filled with a purple colored liquid. "Now now Asami, this won't hurt a bit." Grisha said making me gasp as the needle pierced my skin. 

"MAKE IT STOP." I yelled out feeling the sensation of burning overwhelm my whole body. "What are you doing to her." A male voice yelled out as black spots covered my vision. At least I can finally escape this torture. I thought succumbing into the darkness.

Flashback end.    

"If you left me there that day I guess it would've been all over, I would have died and their plan wouldn't be fulfilled." I explained turning to Levi. "So you wanted to sacrifice yourself to stop their plan, what kind of a plan is that. Do you value your life that much?" Levi yelled at me raising his hand making me flinch back closing my eyes.