Date Night

Asami's POV

Hanji managed to drag me from store to store of different kinds of scientific equipment looking for a certain kind of equipment she needed for her next research experiment. "Hanji could we please take a break for a while." I asked knowing that I had some of my own shopping to do as well. "Look there's a café' let's got there." She replied pointing towards it.

We got into our seats and I looked at the menu not really interested in eating anything. "Hello ladies, may I please take your order." A tall blonde waiter said walking up to our table. "I'll have a green tea please." I said looking up from the menu for a brief second. "Are really not going to eat anything." Hanji asked after giving her order. "I'm not that hungry right now." I replied bluntly as food has not been very appetizing for me since the kidnapping.

"Alright so tell me, how're things between you and Levi. Are we going to see any couples soon." Hanji asked waving her fork around and I almost choked on my tea at her remark. "What do you mean by that, we're just partners." I said sipping on my tea calmly. "Of course, that's what he also said. But I don't know about you but I've never seen Levi care for someone so much, he even told Erwin that no one but him would be staying with you in the safehouse." Hanji spoke up wiping her lips with a napkin.

"Caring and having feelings for someone is different." I said as we left the café. "I suppose it can be something like that even." She replied turning towards the clothing area of the mall. We went into a store I usually shop in so that I could pick up a dress for tonight's dinner. "So what are you thinking?" Hanji asked filing through the clothing rack. "Something slightly formal probably since it's more of an official dinner." I replied taking out a black dress that I found to be nice. I took it out before Hanji took out a cobalt blue dress which was actually really nice but a little too unformal for the occasion.

"Hanji I don't think that dress would be such a good idea for-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing and I took it out to see Levi's number appear in the callers Id. "Hold on a minute Hanji." I said to her before answering the call.

"Hello." I said to the phone. "It's not a really formal meeting with Pixis, so you don't have to dress up too formally alright." Levi spoke from the other side getting straight to the point. "Uh, sure." I managed to say before the call was disconnected. That was a strange call. I thought shaking my head at my partners oddness.

"Actuallly Hanji, can I see that blue dress." I asked her putting the black dress away. I took the dress from her and walked into the dressing room to try it on. It was a cobalt blue dress designed beautifully with a illusion neckline and a white belt wrapping around the center of it. The lower half of the dress was also in the same color, with a delicate white design made on the upper side connecting with the belt of it. It was layered making the dress even more elegant as a white dress came out underneath it.

"How do I look." I asked opening the curtains. "It's so beautiful, I'm sure Levi's going to love it." Hanji complimented throwing me a wink. "We're not going on a date." I yelled at her closing the curtains quickly. I changed back to my regular clothes and took the dress to the counter to buy it. "Alright, it's not a date but what if Pixis doesn't show up." She said wiggling her eyebrows. "I really don't have time for this Hanji, I'm going to get ready now." I said to her stepping out of the car.

I sighed feeling the warm water on my body as I tried to calm my head for the meeting tonight. "Asami, do you need any help with your hair." Hanji asked peeking her head into the guest room. "Thanks, but I'm done." I exclaimed putting a blue pin on my hair before dusting a bit of make up on my face. I took out my white heels dusting myself off trying to look as professional as possible. "Asami~ Levi's here." Hanji sang as I finished up everything. I closed the door to the guest room facing Levi, this time face to face as my heels brought me up to his height.