Safety Measures

Asami's POV

I ran back to my office trying to blink back the tears that were overflowing. Why would he say something like that, am I that useless. I thought as I packed up my hand bag preparing to leave a bit earlier to not meet Levi again tonight.  

To Detective A 
You: 'I'm feeling a bit sick, so I'm heading out early.'

I sent the text as the elevator closed leaving me alone inside it. I wiped my face clean from the tears trying to look as composed as I could before the doors opened to the outside. My phone buzzed but I ignored the vibration walking into the cold streets that were bustling at the time. 

I panted as I stopped at the empty play ground area that was near my home. "Why, why does it hurt so bad." I yelled out clutching my chest the feeling of pain overwhelming me. "Do I...... no it can't be true." I whispered sinking down to my knees on the soft ground next to the metal bars of the playground. "I don't, no I can't have fallen for him." I mumbled to myself grabbing hold of the bars. 

Tears streamed down my face as I tried to get a hold of myself as my body trembled with the sobs I tried keep in, which slipped out of my lips occasionally. This is pathetic. I thought to myself as I dragged my feet heading to back to my apartment complex. My phone started ringing and I stopped for a while to see who it was and I turned my phone off seeing that the one calling was Levi. 

What does he want now. I thought tucking the phone into my jacket. "Who would have thought that it'll be so easy to find you." I heard a cackle behind me and I froze the feeling of fear crawling my back. "Asami, you're coming with me." Zeke said and I heard a click of a gun. "Now turn to me slowly." He said and I stepped slowly facing him to come face to face with the gun. 

"What do you want" I questioned trying to keep my voice strong. "Isn't it obvious, you." Zeke replied smirking. "She's not going anywhere with you." A deep voice said and the sound of another gun was being pointed at Zeke. "Levi, came to join the party huh." Zeke said turning his head back a bit. "Leave her alone, back up is on the way do you really want to get arrested." Levi announced making Zeke holler at his words. 

"I think you should lower your gun detective, I'm not afraid to kill her." Zeke said looking behind him. I took a deep breath taking control of my body trying to remember the  lessons I took when I was a child. 

Remember Asami, if your captor is hording a gun to your head take action when he looks away. Take hold of the wrist and use your other hand to twist the gun out of his hands. I heard a make voice echo through my head while I was thinking. 

I subconsciously reached my hands up to the gun pointed at me. They were shaking as I made eye contact with Levi who was having a stare down with Zeke. I grasped the gun twisting it out of his hand, but thanks to my shakiness the gun went flying onto the side of the park. Zeke looked my way surprised at my actions before rushing towards his gun. Levi rushed to my side as my knees buckled unable to stand up any longer. "Are okay, did he hurt you." Levi mumbled pulling my shivering body into his. 

Sirens blared the surrounding and I at where Zeke ran off not being able to find a single trace of him. I ended up sitting down on a bench which Levi lead me to while the squad that came behind us scouted the area. "Asami. Did he say anything to you, did he threaten you." Levi asked cupping my face with both hands making our eyes meet.  

"He didn't, he just wanted to take me with him that's all." I said shoving his hands off my face before turning to the forest like place Zeke ran off to. Ms. Asami if you could please." Moblit said approaching me and I stood up from my seat my body still a bit shaky from the incident that happened a while back.