𝗶𝗶𝗶: olivia shelby vs the world

chapter three / season one episode one

FRIDAY WAS THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK. It was the day before the weekend started and usually the chattiest day at school because all children had had enough of school and all the teachers were tired of trying to quiet the classes down.

Which was probably why Olivia's favorite day of the week was Friday.

She would talk from the moment she stepped over the school gates and not stop until the moment she got home to shove a slice of toast in her mouth (which Polly would then scold her for, for eating before tea was ready) and in addition, on Fridays, Olivia would move from her original seat at the front of the classroom to sit beside Eleanora and Charlotte - which only could lead to trouble.

But, it was Friday and Olivia was not liking the day so far. The clock had only just struck half seven and Polly Gray was shouting down her ear.

Olivia loved her aunt with all her heart, she just wished that Polly understood waiting an extra half hour so the Shelby could wake up before being screamed at.

"You silly, silly girl!" Had been repeated many times as Pol spread butter on the girl's toast, spread with such aggression that Olivia swore her toast was going to have holes in.

And let's not discuss that the toast was burnt, because if Olivia had complained this morning she was sure Polly was going to bury her in a six foot hole in the ground.

And to make matters worse, Thomas, (Yes, Olivia had deemed him to a full name basis) strolled through the kitchen, stealing the crusts of Olivia's toast and waltzing straight out the door, as if he wasn't the reason Olivia was getting told off at the crack of dawn.

So, it was safe to say, Olivia's favorite day of the week had already turned into something wretched. And no doubt, today, her teacher would grow a backbone and tell Olivia off every five seconds for talking and moving seats - which the teacher had every right to do, but that didn't mean Olivia liked it.

The Shelby rubbed her eyes of any left over sleep as she walked through the gates of school, she only had to turn left to be met with the, mildly, concerned look of Kian Cormac. Charlotte and Eleanora just looked as though they were used to the girls tired expression.

Olivia, who had stayed up way past her bedtime last night, did a double take when she saw the new fella stood beside her friends. "Who's this?" She spoke after yawning loudly.

Eleanora and Charlotte looked at the Shelby as if she were an alien.

"What?"