𝘅𝗶𝘃: love / bombs

chapter fourteen / season one episode four

STANDING ON THE CORNER MAKING QUIET CONVERSATION WAS NOT HOW OLIVIA EXPECTED TO START HER DAY. In fact, if you had told her a month ago that she would've been out of her bed and outside of her house she might've called you crazy.

Things were better, Olivia knew that now. Things were slowly getting better, and Olivia had to come to accept that this happened slowly. It wouldn't just happened over night.

(Night time was something Olivia desperately avoided due to the silence and the way it haunted her, but other than that things were on the mend)

She shielded her eyes from the sun that dared peaked out from the crowds and shone over Small Heath. The days weren't as dark anymore, whether that just be the ongoing changing of the seasons or that Olivia was well and truly working on herself, she wasn't sure. All she knew, was that she liked it.

Olivia had always preferred winter over summer, she liked the cold and preferred the long coats and boats over the summer sun and it's brightness. She was a Shelby she was destined to prefer something dark and arguably sad.

Olivia had grown tired of this cold winter.

She'd grown tired of the cold feeling that had ran through her body this past month, the daunting feeling it left her with. The haunting way in which it drifted upon her skin so frequently. This winter had been long, and would haunt her forever.

There was no way Olivia could ever forget what had happened this winter.

Sometimes, after a bath, she swore she still saw red on her hands. She'd scrub and stare at the blood she saw, but when she looked up and back down it was gone. Her mind playing tricks on her.

Things were slowly getting better, but it was never going disappear.

Ever.

"And I grabbed 'im by the scruff of his neck, right, you with me—?"

Olivia tilted her head to the side a little. Jack was speaking about God knows what. He tended to go on little tangents that Olivia didn't necessarily understand but when he did it she couldn't help but admit how cute it was. The way he spoke of topics he loved with such interest, and how he used his hands to speak.

And his accent whilst harrowing to others, had Olivia gripped onto every word of nonsense that fell from his lips.

Olivia hated all cockneys. But, this one she couldn't quite hate.