𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶: tommy and livvie day

chapter thirteen / season one episode four

TOMMY SHELBY HAD A DEATH WISH, partially because he'd stolen some very important guns, but also because he'd just nudged a sleeping Olivia with his foot. The teenage girl was wrapped up tightly in her bedsheet, blankets and teddies all around her, some even had the displeasure of falling onto the floor. And those poor teddies were no doubt freezing considering that the window had been left open by Olivia overnight.

Tommy rolled his eyes, he didn't know how many times he'd told the girl to shut it over night as it makes the rest of the house cold. Olivia claimed that the colder she was, the easier she fell asleep.

Tommy thought it was bullshit and had told her to shut it.

He nudged her again, and this time she groaned and wrapped the duvet around her tighter. "Get up." He demanded, shoving his hands into the pockets of his long, black coat, "Got things to do."

Olivia snuggled further into her pillow, her grip tightening around the neck of her pig teddy, and tried to ignore her older brother's presence.

This was the best nights sleep she'd had since the... the murder. She finally felt warm inside her sheets, and her eyes could shut closed and she wouldn't be back in that alleyway. Not tonight, at least. Maybe in a couple nights time, but not every night.

She was never going to forget that night till the day she died. Maybe, she had to be haunted by the ghost of Johnny Faye every other night to remind her that she survived.

"Don't wanna." She murmured, her eyes still squeezed shut when Tommy pushed the curtains open. "Shut 'em!" She then whined.

"C'mon, you got ten minutes to get dressed, then we're goin' to Charlie's Yard."

Olivia rolled over in her bed, and peaked one eye open at Tommy, "We ridin' the horses?"

Tommy nodded his head, "Yeah. Just for a little bit, it's been a while since it were just you and me, ey?"

Olivia felt the excitement bubble within her. She hadn't felt something as childish as excitement in weeks. Excitement was hard to come by when you were keeping the secret that you'd killed one of your best friends' uncle. But, this, the opportunity to spend time with Tommy, to be Tommy and Livvie again, that was exciting. To be on a horse, riding down the streets of Small Heath, knowing she was safe and didn't have to look over her shoulder every two seconds. That was exciting.

"Tommy and Livvie day?" Her words still fresh with her exhaustion, the lack of sleep she'd experienced over the last few weeks were still something she catching up on. But, the drowsy smile on her face was the best thing Tommy had seen in a while.