𝘃: the same cloth

chapter five / season one episode two

OLIVIA WAS MAKING THE MOST OF HER LAST WEEK OF SUSPENSION.

Yesterday, had been Monday, a day in which she usually hated but instead had loved! Olivia had spent the whole day outside the house and instead patrolled the streets of Small Heath, like a real blinder, and demanded that the sweet shops give her a large bag of blue bon bons just because she was a Shelby.

She smiled devilishly at the old women who stood in the road when she passed, just so that they didn't have to be near the Shelby scum, laughed quietly when she saw James McGuire limping down the streets and had hummed happily when she'd heard the drunken murmurs of some men.

Some men who clearly had nothing better to do than drink at eleven o'clock in the morning.

But, then again, the war ruined many men.

Saying the men had been murmuring would be an understatement, really the men had been talking quite loudly. Loudly enough that Olivia didn't even have to stand within a foot of them to hear what they had been saying.

And what they had been saying...

Oh, had it been beautiful.

It was quite possibly everything Olivia had ever desired to hear. (That was a tad dramatic as Olivia did have a list of things she wanted said to her... but that was for another day)

The one drunken lad had his hat on sideways, a cigarette in between his fingers, it had been lit a while ago but was somehow still burning; the cigarette had lost all interest during the conversation.

"Did ya hear?" He'd said.

The other man had furrowed his eyebrows, "Hear what?"

The first man had looked to his left, and to his right, he had missed little miss Olivia Shelby stood behind a lamppost. "The guns."

"What guns?"

Yes, random man, what guns?

The first man had sighed, "My great nephew down at the factories said they've lost 25 machine guns, 10,000 rounds of ammunition and some pistols!"

The second man's jaw fell to the floor, "No bloody way! Imagine what we could do with them..."

Oh, yes random man, imagine you were Thomas Shelby and you'd stolen all those guns, all that ammunition.