Class Of Grimm

Y/N POV

My head droops. But before sleep can consume me I'm awakened by a door slamming.

Teacher: "Gooood morning class!"

He walks standing in front of a chalkboard.

Port: "My name is professor Peter Port. And in my class you'll learn everything you need to know about Grimm."

He draws all kinds of Grimm on the chalkboard. He then begins the lesson.

Port: "Ghouls, demons... creatures of the night. The Grimm are known by many names. But to me they'll always be known as nothing more than prey."

He laughs. But he quickly stops upon not hearing us laugh.

Port: "Uh... and you shall too upon graduating. On another note, Vale, as well as the three other kingdoms, offer us a safe space in a dangerous world. A world filled with creatures wanting nothing more than to tear you apart. But fear not, for that's what we're here for. Huntsmen and Huntresses."

He winks at a random student.

Port: "These're individuals who've sworn their lives to protecting the people of this world. From what you ask? Why the very world!"

A single student stands cheering. We all look at him. He sinks into his seat crossing his arms.

Port: "That is what you're training to become. But before I explain how, I'd like to share a story from my youth."

He rambles nonsense. Meanwhile I scribble on some paper. Finished I get ready to pass it. But that's when Port snatches it looking it over. He then looks at me.

Port: "Boring am I?"

Y/N: *shyly* "Maybe?"

Port: "If that's how you feel, how's about a live demonstration?"

I awkwardly follow him. He stands beside a cage eyeing me.

Port: "Ready?"

Y/N: "Mostly."

Port: "Begin!"

He shoots the lock releasing a Borbatusk. It roars running at me. A side step spares me from being gored. I swing my sword at its side only to do no damage at all. We stare each other down.

Port: "Did you expect the fight to be that easy?"

The Borbatusk runs at me full speed. Acting quick a twist spares me from its tusk. Not giving up it swings its head going after my leg. I step on its tusk getting flipped onto its back. It roars like a maniac before bucking, trying to throw me off.

Port: "An interesting approach."

The Borbatusk squeals trying ever so harder to get rid of me. Growing tired it throws all of its weight to the side, finally launching me away. I slide to a stop locking eyes with the Borbatusk.

Ruby: "Come on Y/N, show that thang who's boss!!!"

The Borbatusk narrows its eyes. We rush at each other colliding sword to tusks. The impact alone sends a shockwave of pain up my arms to my shoulders. We each apply pressure, hoping to overtake the other. The pressure welds up until my stitches give way popping. 

Y/N: "Crap."

Blood rapidly pools, taking away the strength in my right arm. I look at the Borbatusk to see it starting to take the advantage.

Y/N: "Gotta end this quick."

Reaching into a pouch I withdraw that cable. Thwiping it, it wraps around the Borbatusk's left tusk. With a tug its body is pulled to the side. Wasting no time I swing upwards. My sword cleaves through its soft underside taking off its head. 

Port: "Bravo. It seems you've got a promising career as a Huntsman. That's all the time we have for today. Be sure to study tonight's readings. Class dismissed."