Rewards

Y/N POV

Upon reaching chief Redford's village we enter his tent.

Girl: "Dad!"

She hugs hhi. tightly. He then looks her over.

Redford: "My darling Lily."

They break the hug looking at us.

Redford: "You have returned my beloved daughter. But I must ask how."

I tell him everything that happened.

Redford: "You have done a great deed."

Y/N: "Wasn't just me. I had major help."

Redford: "I see. Now as for a reward."

He snaps his fingers. Three men appear each holding an object. Redford then walks to Ruby.

Redford: "For assembling a formidable team, I grant you this."

He hands her his headdress.

Redford: "Only a truly good leader is allowed to wear this. And you have proven your worth."

He places it atop her head. It however slants over her left eye. He moves to Yang.

Redford: "You possess a warrior's heart. For that I gift you this."

He's handed a bowl. Dipping his thumb in it he draws a symbol of a sun on her forehead.

Redford: "With this symbol our guardian spirit shall grant you its protection whenever you fight."

He moves to Blake.

Redford: "You follow the way of stealth. For that I gift you this."

He hands her a dagger.

Redford: "Within this dagger holds the souls of our greatest assassins. With them by your side, not even the keenest of senses shall be able to detect you."

He moves onto Weiss.

Redford: "You have a keen gift for knowledge. For that I gift you this."

He holds out a leatherbound book.

Redford: "In this are centuries worth of knowledge my people have amassed. May they be of assistance to you as they were to us."

He finally arrives at me.

Redford: "For you I gift the only thing that is worthy of what you've done."

Lily steps forward. Redford then steps beside us.

Redford: "My daughter."

Y/N: "What?"

Redford: "She said when she reaches eighteen, she shall marry the man of her choosing. And she has chosen you."

Lily: "Will you have me?"

I feel the girls releasing murderous intent. I bow in respect.

Y/N: "While there's no doubt you're lovely. I'm afraid that I cannot marry you."

I stand.

Redford: "Might there be a reason?"

Y/N: "I kinda just met her. And it's a little weird to marry someone you just met. But maybe if we got to know each other a little better, we could consider marriage. Plus I'm still only fifteen."

He thinks which causes me to become severely anxious.

Redford: "You provide a good point. Very well."

He stands before me.

Redford: "When you turn eighteen we shall arrange a timeframe for you two to get know each other. After that we can discuss marriage."

I sigh in relief.

*meanwhile*

In an undisclosed location in Vale we see that shadow cloaked figure talking to a man clad in black.

Shadow: "Can I count on you?"

Man: "You can. But this kinda thing ain't cheap. I mean what you're asking is for me to basically declare war on a kingdom."

Shadow: "Money is of no concern to me."

They toss down several bags overflowing with lien. The man smiles.

Man: "And when did you want me to declare war?"

Shadow: "Tomorrow at noon."

Man: "In the middle of the Vytal Festival?"

Shadow: "Is that a problem?"

Man: "Not at all. It'll be my pleasure to disrupt a momentous occasion."