Back To Vale

3rd POV

The cloaked woman enters a warehouse. She then head to a computer which displays a feed of a person shrouded in shadows.

Shadow: "How did it go?"

Woman: "I lost."

Shadow: "So you found a match?"

Woman: "He could use some work. But maybe."

Shadow: "And who is this person who bested you?"

Woman: "His name's Y/N L/N."

Shadow: "Y/N."

Woman: "What do we do now?"

Shadow: "You found what I asked. So we move onto phase two of the plan."

Woman: *kneels* "Your wish is my command."

Y/N POV

Into the next semester I sit in the library reading a comic. I lean forward as the villain starts spilling the big secret. But the comic is ripped in half by a game piece going through it. I become sad at the needless death.

Y/N: "Why must life be so cruel?"

I lay my comrade to rest. After a prayer I join my teammates who're playing a boardgame.

Yang: "Your turn Weiss."

Weiss: "I have no idea what's going on."

Yang: "It's simple. You're playing as Vacuo. And all Vacuo cards come with a bonus."

She scoots closer to her.

Yang: "Like this one, resourceful raider. This one will allow you take Ruby's discarded air fleet,"

Ruby: "Oh woe is me."

Yang: "And put it into your hand. And since Vacuo warriors have a boost against natural hazards, you can use sandstorm to not only blind my troops. But also infiltrate my kingdom."

She then points menacingly.

Yang: "But know that if you do, there shall not be any mercy."

Weiss: "And all this leads up to?"

Ruby: *waterfall tears* "You conquering Remnant in only three more moves!!!"

Weiss does an evil laugh. A menacing aura then surrounds her.

Weiss: "Yes. Fear the almighty power of my troops. Cry as they burn your homes and weep as they steal your children from your very arm-"

Yang: "Trap card."

She rearranges the board.

Yang: "Your armies have been destroyed."

Weiss falls into her seat crying.

Weiss: "Why must we toy with our emotions like this!?!?"

I chuckle at her reaction. Later that day I enter the dorm to see my teammates starting to leave.

Y/N: "Where're you guys going?"

Ruby: "We went over that file we burrowed from the police station and found out that there's more than one fighting ring."

Yang: "So we're gonna split up and search each one to see what we can find out."

Y/N: "Not without me."

They smile. I now find myself in downtown Vale heading to a fighting ring. But as I reach the building I spot a silhouette on the roof of the building. I narrow my eyes climbing up a fire escape. When I reach the roof I spot that cloaked woman.

Woman: "You know, I'm starting to think you're stalking me."

Y/N: "Funny. I was about to say the same thing. Why're you here?"

Woman: "Girl's gotta make a living. What about you? Why're you here?"

Y/N: "Came to investigate."

Woman: "You should just give up."

Y/N: "Why?"

Woman: "You're in danger."

I stare at her.

Y/N: "What do you mean I'm in danger?"

Woman: "I mean exactly what I mean. You're in danger."

Y/N: "How?"

Woman: "You peaked my boss' interest. Now they'll stop at nothing to get you in front of them."

Y/N: "Can't you talk them down?"

Woman: "They're the kinda person to not easily change their mind."