Peaked Interest

Y/N POV

Y/N: "Why're you going so far to warn me?"

Woman: "Because you remind me of someone I used to know."

I tilt my head. Her body displays sadness.

Woman: "I once had a little brother. He was a lot like you. Head strong and a heart of gold. He had always dreamed about being a Huntsman. He poured his heart and soul into training."

She pauses.

Woman: "One day when we were on a mission, we were surrounded by Grimm. We had already fought all day the day before so we were pretty exhausted. We had a feeling we wouldn't survive, but we kept fighting. I had received a devastating blow from an Ursa Major. My brother fought tooth and nail to protect me. But it just wasn't enough. He died that day. Ever since then I made a vow, to do whatever I can to prevent a similar tragedy."

She lowers her hood revealing her to be a woman with two distinguishing features. The first is her two different hair colors. The other, a faint scar going over her right eye.

Woman: "That is why I'm warning you. I don't want you to end up like my brother. I can tell you have dreams of being great. But like him you're too eager to reach them. And right now there're forces at play that're wanting to test you."

She hugs me burying her face in my chest.

Woman: "So promise me. When the time comes for you to fight. You won't end up like my brother. Promise you'll be prepared."

Y/N: "I promise."

She hugs me for several seconds. When she parts she kisses my cheek.

Woman: "Take care of yourself Y/N."

She lifts up her hood walking to the roof ledge.

Y/N: "Wait!"

She looks over her shoulder at me.

Y/N: "You know my name but I don't know yours."

She smiles.

Neo: "My name's Neo."

She looks back forward stepping over the ledge. I run to her looking over the ledge. But in doing so I don't see her anywhere.

Y/N: "May we meet again Neo."

I climb back down to street level. After that I make my way back to Beacon. When I reach the dorm I see my teammates looking pretty exhausted.

Y/N: "Looks like you guys had a rough time."

Yang: "That's putting it mildly."

Weiss: "No joke."

She rubs her shoulder.

Weiss: "I fear I dislocated my shoulder."

Blake: "I can't even feel my arms."

Ruby: "What about you? How'd you fair?"

Y/N: "Pretty good."

Ruby: "You find out anything?"

Y/N: "Only that I peaked someone's interest."

I notice the looks on their face.

Y/N: "What?"

Yang: "Nothing."

They walk away.

Y/N: "Where're you guys going?"

Blake: "To get ready for bed."

For some reason they all enter the bathroom. Meanwhile I tilt my head speaking to myself.

Y/N: "That was jealousy if I ever did see it."

I shrug forgetting about it. Getting ready myself I drift off to sleep.