Heads Up

Y/N POV

Walking through the cleared path I enter a caged ring. An announcer then enters the ring.

Announcer: "I know that last match seemed pretty one sided. But this one is sure to make up for it. In the blue corner we have..."

He looks at me.

Announcer: "Who the hell are you?"

Y/N: "Y/N L/N."

Announcer: "Y/N L/N. Practically unknown. But in the red corner we have our lucky ace. The ever beautiful, but twice as deadly, pink lily."

A cloaked figure enters the ring. The crowd goes wild with cheers. 

Announcer: "Alright fighters the rules are simple. Anything is allowed so long as you don't exit the ring."

Y/N: "Then why strip me of my gear? This just doesn't make any sense."

Announcer: "With that settled let this match, begin!!!!"

He exits the ring. The figure rushes at me delivering a right hook. I catch their fist. They attempt a left hook only to have it caught as well. But they smile swinging their foot into my chin. I stumble back hitting my back on the cage.

My body forces me into a duck. This spares me from having my head sliced off. Sending my foot out it collides into my opponent's chest launching them back. This allows to see them now brandishing a sword.

Y/N: "Why do they get weapons and I don't?"

Announcer: "It's part of their semblance."

Y/N: "Of course it is."

I roll avoiding another sword slice. Looking over my shoulder I see my opponent swinging their sword. I spin narrowly missing me. But they keep swinging forcing me to scramble backwards. When my back hits the cage my opponent smiles reeling back their sword.

But I smile as well. Slamming my heel down smoke explodes obscuring my opponent's vision. Seeing my chance I run behind them. When the smoke clears they look around for me. But by the time they see me I send a right hook into their jaw. They slide across the floor hitting the cage.

Y/N: "Got you."

Reaching into my pocket I toss a ball. It hits their chest bombarding them with electricity. When it subsides they slump their head with smoke coming off them. The announcer then steps into the ring placing his fingers on my opponent's neck.

Announcer: "And the winner is Y/N L/N!!!!"

The crowd cheers making me smile. Being handed my stuff I exit the building seeing the others. 

Ruby: "You find who we're looking for?"

Y/N: "No."

Yang: "Well that was a bus-"

Blake: "Who's that?"

We follow her finger.

Y/N: "That's the person I fought."

They call me over. I join them.

Y/N: "Yes?"

They hold out their hand. Cautiously I hold mine out. They then grab it pulling me close. When they speak I realize they're a woman.

Woman: "You better be careful."

Y/N: "Why?"

Woman: "You beat me. That isn't an easy task. When my boss finds out they'll wanna meet you."

Y/N: "That's good right?"

Woman: "Depends. But if I were you I'd stay alert."

Y/N: "Who are you?"

She smiles leaning closer. Her soft lips land on mine surprising me. She leans back.

Woman: "Call me an admirer."

Letting go of my hand she walks past me.

Woman: "Be seeing you around Y/N."

She walks away as the others join me.

Ruby: "What'd they say?"

Y/N: "Just congrats on winning."

Weiss: "Then why're your cheeks so red?"

I look away trying to hide it.

Y/N: "No reason."

They all narrow their eyes at me.