Dream Come True

3rd POV

Rage and fury begin to fill Y/N. The thought of his friends dying fills his mind with anger. His fists clench till his knuckles turn white.

Y/N: "You will not lay your hands on them."

Reaching into a pouch Y/N withdraws his line launcher. One end impales Salem's side with the other impaling the wall. She's violently yanked towards the wall. Flipping to his feet Y/N withdraws a disk tossing it under Salem.

It goes off releasing gravity dust. She's sent into the air when Y/N withdraws another line launcher. It impales Salem's chest yanking her to him. When near he smashes two glass orbs against her chest.

She screams as she's bombarded with lightning. Powering through it she attempts to sever his head. But he easily rolls avoiding her attack. Withdrawing a box he sticks it to her back hopping backwards. It explodes blowing a hole in her clothes and creating a massive burn. She turns to him showing anger.

Salem: "That hurt."

Y/N: "Good."

She rushes at him. She brings her sword down on him. But he side steps making her sword hit only air. Salem grits her teeth repeatedly swinging her sword at Y/N. But due to his angered focus he easily dodges her attacks. This makes Salem get increasingly angry. 

Y/N uses his spare line launcher to pull himself away from Salem. But she tosses her sword severing the line. Y/N rolls across the floor until he slams back first against the wall. Salem grabs her sword and runs to Y/N with her sword held out. 

Y/N slinks onto his back making the sword impale the wall where his head just was. Grabbing her sword he crushes a glass orb. The combustion dust courses through her sword to her hands. When it reaches them an explosion erupts launching her away. 

She looks at her hands to see them burnt to the point the muscles are exposed. She looks at Y/N. But a kamikaze rocket explodes blinding her with light. Y/N uses this moment to grab her throat and slam her back onto the ground. Her vision returns granting her a sight of Y/N holding another kamikaze rocket which's aimed right at her face.

Y/N: "It's over Salem."

Salem: "It's not over! Not till you kill me!!"

Y/N: "I do not wish to kill you."

This simple phrase breaks her out of her blind fury.

Salem: "What?"

Y/N: "I said, I do not wish to kill you."

Salem: "What trick is this?"

Y/N: "This isn't a trick. I truly do not wish to end your life."

Salem: "Why? I threatened to kill the people you cared about."

Y/N: "You're hurting. You say you wanted a challenge. But in reality you only wanted someone to have fun with. You spent all these years fighting only to keep winning. This sapped all the joy out of life. So you actively seek powerful fighters to get that joy back. But clearly no one's given you that because you keeping beating them."

He puts away his kamikaze rocket.

Y/N: "But you didn't beat me. I, a kid wit no power, beat you. I can be the one to give you that joy back."

He holds out his hand.

Y/N: "So what do you say?"

Tears run down Salem's cheeks. Her dream has come true. An individual has proved to be her match. She smiles grabbing his hand.

Salem: "I say that'd be real swell."

He helps her to her feet. She looks down into his eyes.

Salem: "I can't wait to see where this leads."

*elsewhere*

In an all white place we see two women. One of light and the other of darkness. They smile having seen the entire fight.

 They smile having seen the entire fight

Light: "And with that I win our bet."

Darkness: "It makes me smile knowing that he won."

Light: "I knew you cared about him."

She rolls her eyes dismissively.

Darkness: "I'm only interested in his potential."

Light: "Sure. I just can't wait to personally meet him."

She eyes Y/N.

Light: "It's torturous seeing him from a distance."

Darkness: "And now you have officially creeped me out."

Light: "Please Darkness, I hear you talking about him in your sleep."

Darkness: "You were supposed to be away!!!"

Light: "I got bored."

Darkness pouts making Light laugh her head off.