Chapter 04

From others point of view, It's impressive how a 10 year old red haired kid seemingly looks more intimidating than a bunch of older 'real' delinquents infront of him while he's just a mere 4th grader in elementary.

Even the leader, who's the oldest of them here and is named Aoki, seems to be feeling goosebumps after goosebumps whenever he and the kid make eye contact. Karma's eyes are mesmerizing, he can't deny that. In all honesty, it reminds him of gold.

The leader's little brother might have done something to this stranger who kicked their asses alone, sounds unbelievable but it really happened.

Once again, Aoki silently glanced at his brother who's acting grumpy and somehow sulky. Aiko doesn't look older than the red haired. Perhaps, both are the same age.

The group has been more than cautious since they became conscious of their surroundings, constantly keeping a watchful eye on Karma's movements as they instinctively planned an escape in their minds.

But they all know that there's a lingering... ominous possiblity in the back of their minds, something that doesn't benefit them at all, but they decided to ignore that hunch for now.

Karma's silence with an unexplainable and unsettling small smile ticked them off but they stayed silent.

But... Of course, The most impatient brat, Aiko, had enough of it.

"Can we go home now?" He glaringly asked with annoyance, his voice echoing in the silent room. His friends glanced at him, blinking silently.

"Heh."

"Heh?" This time, the group can't help but ask, all in sync.

"Not until you agree to my request." Karma said as he sat on a nearby stool and facing the gang. Playing tricks with a ball pen in his right hand, throwing it in the air and catching it repeatedly with a few complex movements.

Going back to Aiko, He frowned, his jaw tightening. What is this lunatic freak going to say? Become his slave or dog for for the rest of their lives? No way in hell.

"It's just a simple request, you have nothing to lose anyways and..." Karma paused and he gazed up at them with a mischievous grin on his face.

"..."No" is not an option to begin with, remember that." He calmly added.

Groans and noises of reasonable complaints and confusion can be heard behind Aiko, His older brother immediately quieting them.

Aiko sighed and stared at Karma's sharp eyes.

"What is it?"

"Be my friend." Karma said, or more like demanded as he observed every member.

Aiko and his friends looked at him, bewildered.

"Huh?"

"What huh? Just say yes already." Karma released a small laugh of amusement, putting the ball pen down on the wooden table right beside him and he stood up, stretching his limbs.

"Come on bros. I'm Lonely, Friendless, Isolated, All alone~ REALLY have nothing to do at all, I want the thrill that I need, and to achieve that, I will befriend you Delinquents."

"...You're a brat." one of them stated in a matter of fact tone, clearly concerned about getting another Family's kid involved with their Gang.

"10 years old." Karma told them in a correcting manner.

"Still a brat." Aiko said, frowning at Karma. He seemed to have forgotten that he also is a little kid.

Karma went silent for a few seconds, furrowing his brows at the other kid and he shrugged his shoulder. "Says the one who look like a 10 years old too and I see no problem with being younger than y'all, what's the matter anyways?"