Chapter 08

"Emma!" Mikey greeted as the both of them approached Emma and her friend. Mikey looked at the red haired kid beside his sister and he suddenly went silent.

Seemingly recognizing the other kid and he's quite delighted at the fact that he met him again but Mikey can't find himself to say even just a single hello.

Karma raised an eyebrow at his odd behavior and glanced at the black haired brat beside the shortie.

Only to make eye contact with said brat. Baji blinked in surprise when his own met those mesmerizing golden eyes and then he gave a toothy confident smirk, his sharp canines showing.

"Hello there tomato-head! I'm the amazing Keisuke Baji! Don't you dare provoke me or you're dead!" He pointed at himself with his thumb, his other hand on his hip.

Mikey's eyes slightly widened at Baji and then he pouted.

"Oi, I'm Mikey!" He said, not wanting to be left out.

Emma deadpanned at Baji's overconfidence and at Mikey's shyness around the new kid, quite surprising for someone like Mikey to have shyness but anyways-

She sighed as Karma calmly smirked at them, introducing himself "The name's Karma, ya losers."

Silence covered the whole room for a short money before all hell broke loose.

"WHO'RE YOU CALLING A LOSER!? YOU TOMATO???-"

"IM NOT A LOSER!!"

Emma loudly laughed, a slight tear escaping her eyes for laughing so hard.

After the all the chaos, all of them sat in the living room, having a nice conversation with each other.

"So you're a prodigy at martial arts huh Mikey?" Karma asked while munching on a chocolate dorayaki.

"Yeah! I'm so amazing right?" Mikey looked proud of himself as he took a bite of his own dorayaki.

"Urgh... You never practice often and yet..." Baji sulked, Karma felt the corner of his lip lift into a tiny smirk. 'Never practice huh? '

"He must've been blessed then." Karma replied to Baji and Baji only gave him a sulking pout.

If Mikey is that prodigious, would he be a good pawn in possible unavoidable circumstances that they'll face in the future? Like in a chess game? How cruel, But this Y/n L/n we're talking about.

Mikey sent a mischievous smile towards his childhood friend. "Ohh Eddieee, You'll be fine cuz I'm here to protect you!" He slapped Baji's back twice, acting like an old brother reassuring a younger sibling.

Baji slapped his annoying hand away. "Duh! I can protect myself." he rolled his eyes.

"If you say so." Mikey's mischievous smile disappeared as he shrugged his shoulders and then he looked at Karma with unhidden sparkle in his eyes.

"Say, Ka-chin Do you know how to fight?" The blonde asked, staring attentively.

"......" Karma stayed silent for a few seconds, contemplating. Then he settled on an answer. He slowly nodded at Mikey and said "Only a little. " yeah a 'little'.

Baji slightly frowned at Karma, suspicion evident in his eyes. He doesn't really believe Karma now, it took him that long to make a simple response? Baji is not that stupid.

'He's hiding something.' Baji stated in his mind with certainty, glancing at Karma as he ate his dorayaki. Baji isn't the type to pry into simple things like this so he just let it go.

Karma glanced at Baji and he looked away with a blank face. 'Oops.'

"Anyways, When will you visit us again, Karma? is your house near?" Emma continued the conversation and now they're talking about hanging out once again next time and about the address of Karma's home.

Karma sees no problem in having them know the location of where he lives, he wouldn't be lying if he said he don't mind them visiting him.

But it's far from here though, you have to ride a transportation for it, or if you have great stamina then you can run from here to there.

And so, the children talked and talked until its time for Karma to finally go home and rest.

"Bye bye~" Karma lazily waved goodbye at the three as the engine of the motorcycle came to life, Shinichiro will once again drive him back home, of course.

Shinichiro let out a low chuckle at their adorable exchanges of goodbyes, the three looked a little bit sad that Karma needs to go.

Especially that one blondie from the three. He may look like he don't give a shit, but that's actually a facade.

"See you next time!!!"

"Yeah!!"

Both Emma and Baji shouted as they watched them disappear into the distance, the motorcycle sprinting away.

"......"

Manjiro is the first to go back inside with his hands in his pockets, with words not spoken and his eyes unemotional.

It's an uncomfortable silence for both Baji and Emma, they can't help but feel slightly uneasy at Manjiro's sudden odd behavior.

As both of them was left outside, they exchanged worried glances.

Baji can't help but feel a chill run down his spine, That behavior... reminds him of a certain incident.

It was like a different person, really.

Both of the children went inside and saw Mikey eating dorayaki with puffed cheeks like a hamster, like nothing happened at all.

That made the feeling of suffocation and concern leave Baji and Emma as Baji unconsciously released a sigh of relief at this.

Emma deadpanned at Mikey as she watched him eat almost all the dorayakis on the table.

"Leave some for us, you gluttonous scumbag." Emma's left eye twitched.

A loud gasp escaped Mikey from what he just heard from his own little sister.

Currently, The two siblings are arguing over small things, somehow getting Baji into the mess they created only to get scolded later on by the grandfather of the Sano's when he entered the room.