Chapter 10: Star Treatment

"Remus," Violet whispered to him as he was asleep on the common room sofa. "Remus wake up."

He murmured and finally opened his eyes. "Vi! I was waiting for you to come up after dinner and I... I guess I fell asleep."

"I can tell," She laughed. "Come on, everyone else has gone to their dorms. You need to get to bed."

"So do you."

"I'll go once I know you have. Besides, I'm not very tired."

"Well, I'm not either."

She sighed. "Remus, you were just fast asleep on the sofa. You were so asleep that you didn't feel Marlene draw a moustache on you."

"My sleep has replenished me making me no longer tired. Also, what moustache?"

Violet smiled and sat down beside him, then licked her finger and wiped it off. "It's just eyeliner because James wouldn't let her use a pen."

Remus squinted as she rubbed the moustache off of his face. He looked at his hand and saw a mark of it from where he had been resting. "Ah, I see... so what do you want to do?"

"I want you to go to bed."

"And I don't want to. Come on, Vi, please?"

Remus looked at her with an innocent look in her eyes, pouting.

"Don't pull that face."

"Please?"

"... What do you want to do then?"

"Let's go find our favourite constellations."

"Shit, Remus, it's way too fucking cold for this." Violet shivered as they walked up the Astronomy tower. "You're mental."

There was no response from Remus, and only rustling could be heard. The next thing Violet knew, she was being pulled into his coat, and they were now sharing it as they walked up the steps.

"I would just give you my coat, but it'll probably be warmer with shared body heat." He shrugged. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"No, Vi, not that body heat."

The two of them burst out laughing as they walked up the rest. Violet set out a blanket on a bench for them and they huddled together as they tried to find the constellations.

"Wait Remus, what's the one you want to find again?"

"Perseus. You want to find Andromeda right?"

"Mhm," She smiled. "Hey, did you know that Perseus saved Andromeda after he killed Medusa?"

"Really?" Remus grinned and looked over at her.

"Yeah, and Perseus fell in love with Andromeda so he killed the monster that had Andromeda and saved her."

"Mm, who's the monster of yours I have to kill then?" He laughed.

"Are you trying to say we're Perseus and Andromeda?"

"Yeah," Remus smiled.

"Well, I hope not because Andromeda has an uncle who tries to 'claim' her."

"Oh, ew. Never-mind then. Who else in Greek Mythology are we then?"

"To be honest, Remus, Greek mythology is pretty tragic."

He nodded. "To be fair..."

Violet laughed and scanned the sky. "Remus, look!"

She pointed over and Remus frowned. "I can't find it."

"Okay, you see Cassiopeia? The big W?"

"Mhm."

"Perseus is in the group of stars below the left part of the W."

"... Shit it's there!" He grinned. "Merlin, it's really there!... Andromedas there too!" Remus turned her head.

Violet gasped at the sight of her favourite constellation.

"I can't believe you found it, Violet, you're amazing- I could kiss you!" He laughed and looked at her.

"Kiss me then."

Remus leaned in and held her face, kissing her softly under the starlight.

Violet smiled, her forehead pressed against his. "I'm going to miss thi-"

"Shh," He shook his head. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm healthy. We're okay. I'm going to marry you."

"Mm, yeah?" She whispered. "What season is our wedding going to be?"

"Early autumn. It's slightly warm but the reddening leaves bring out the green in your eyes."

Violet grinned. "And what else?"

"It will be a small occasion because we don't need fancy anything to prove that we love each other."

She kissed him softly and looked down as tears welled in her eyes. "It sounds perfect."

"I love you, Violet."

"I love you too Remus."

She pulled Remus closer and they sat quietly for a moment as they watched the stars.

Remus held her cold and shaky hand.

He thought about her letter in the Time Capsule. He thought about their wedding. He wished to watch her get married to another man in a few years, even if it would crush him.