Chapter 16: Ditching with Bad Boy

My grip on him instantly tightened and I buried my face in his shoulder. He was going really fast. I was too young to die! As I tightened my hands around his waist, I could feel him tense.

"Trust me for once and let loose Angie" He yelled against the wind and I shook my head. I knew that he could feel the movement of my head as it was pressed against his back.

"Don't call me Angie" I yelled back and I could feel him sigh. Suddenly, the bike was stopped. I rose my head and he turned to look at me.

"You won't fall" he snapped. "Trust me" he said rolling his eyes and I rolled mine as well.

"Trust don't come easily, you should earn it" I mumbled and watched as he frowned at my comment. "Now Can we go?" I asked. He mumbled something under his breath which I didn't catch before driving again. I yelped as the speed increased. I tentatively rose my head and the wind instantly met my face. I looked around to see that I could see everything moving so fast. A smile stretched on my face when I realized that the wind was giving me a feeling of freedom. My arms around Ace tightened but in a rather good way. It was as if I was hugging him. A chuckle escaped my mouth when I started enjoying the ride. I could see him smiling in the rear view mirror. Why did I hate bike? That thing was amazing! "Faster!" I shouted in happiness and I could feel Ace chuckling as he increased the speed.

But too soon, I felt the speed decrease. I looked around to see that we were in the parking of a café. He parked the bike and got off. I gave him a sweet smile when he wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up the bike. "I thought you hated bikes?" Ace chuckled in amusement as he stood in front of me with his hands on my waist.

"That's what I thought too" I said and smiled when he grinned. I eyed his hands on my waist and he rolled his eyes before taking his hands off me. We turned around and faced The Jerry's. The cafe seemed cosy from the outside and really welcoming. "I've never been here" I said and walked by his side in the café. The walls were a light green and the furniture were black. Different pictures of Nature were hanging on the wall and let me tell you that the owner of this café was an addict of nature. Flowers were on each and every tables. On the walls were painted motifs of flowers. Even on the glasses, there were little flowers.

"Their food is really good here" he said and rubbed his belly while winking. He walked to a table and slide on one seat and I did the same, facing him.

"Ace! My boy!" I heard an old husky voice called from behind me. I turned and smiled when I saw an old man approaching us with a big smile on his face. His gray hair and crinkled eyes made him look older than he might be.

"Hey Jerry!" Ace greeted with a nod and crossed his arm as he leant on the table. Jerry. So this place was his?

"Who's that beautiful girl?" Jerry asked while wiggling his eyebrows making me blush. He said I was beautiful! I know! I shouldn't make a big deal but not often people call me beautiful.

"Where?" Ace questioned and pretended to look around for some girl. I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore that ridiculous joke of his. I stood up and put my hand in front of Jerry.

"Hello, I'm Angel" I said and smiled while he shook my hand. His smile disappeared and confusion was written on his face.

"What's your surname, cupcake?" he asked and I smiled at the little nickname that he gave me.

"Harper, Angel Harper" I said and sat back. Jerry frowned and suddenly his eyes widened as if he remembered of something.

"The daughter of Rose?" he questioned with a sad smile on his face. Everyone knew my mom. Of course they would. She was perfect.