The new boy caused this

Jughead's POV
Betty and I have been dating for months now and I'm very happy. She's all that I have left. My mom left me when I was 7 and she took my sister with her. My dad left me too well he didn't leave but he's never home so I took it as he left. Betty really is all I have left, I would lose it if she ever left me...But something is off, she's been blowing off our dates lately and I don't know why. I don't worry I love her and she loves me, or so I thought.

"Hey babe, wanna go out to Pop's?" I said into the phone. 

"Hey sorry no, I uh can't I need to study." She said sounding panicked. 

"Oh okay bye."

She didn't even say bye back. Something was wrong so I went to her house. Betty's mom learned to like me so I wasn't scared of going. I went and I knocked on the door. Her mom answered and I asked for Betty and she said "Oh, Betty isn't here! She's at Pop's." I thanked her and made my way to Pop's, praying that she wasn't cheating on me. 

I walked in and I saw the worst thing ever. She was with some guy, I didn't know him so I walked over to them. 

"Hey Betty who's this?" I ask. Betty looks at me and freezes and before she can answer the she was with says "Hi, I'm Archie Andrews I just moved here." I smile and look at Betty. "Betty can I talk to you...in private?" 

"So he's why you've been blowing off our dates so you can have them with him? Do you even remember that you have a boyfriend?" I ask. 

"No Jug, of course not! I'm just um-" She couldn't even finish her sentence. 

"Do you like him?" I blurt out. She only looks at me and then stares at the ground. 

"Do you?" I repeat. 

"No, no Jug I don't have feelings for him. I love you." Finally she says that but it doesn't sound like she means it. 

"I just don't want to lose you." I say and then we hug. 

"No Jug you won't." 

*A week later* 

Betty's POV
I feel so bad, I told Jughead that I didn't have feelings for Archie. I hate to admit that I do. Archie is a new student at Riverdale High. We met because his locker is next to mine. I offered to show him around which he agreed to. We had a lot of fun and well I forgot to mention that I had a boyfriend. He later asked me on a date and I stupidly said yes. Later in the day Jug also asked me on one but I said no, I told him I needed to study. 

Jughead asked me out again today. I said no again, I feel bad but Archie is really fun. I hate to admit it but yes I like him. I have to talk to Jughead, I really can't continue doing this to Jughead, I can't continue to hurt him. I called him and I told him that I needed to talk to him and that I wanted him to meet me at Pop's. Archie asked me if I was okay, I said yes and I told him what was going on and he agreed to come with me, it was a bad idea. 

"Hey Jug." I said. 

"I'm going to get straight to the point- I uh think we should break up." 

Jughead's POV
"What why? Was I not good enough for you? Is it Archie?" I only said that because I saw him on the other side of the parking lot. She looked shocked because I said that. 

"Yes! Okay, I like him." I teared up when she said that. 

"Do you love him?" I asked her. She didn't answer, I was mad so I started to scream. 

"DO YOU!?" I asked again. 

"Yes! I love him and I'm sorry." She cried. 

"You know what Betty? Your cold and heartless. You lied to me, you lied straight to my face when I asked you if you liked him you said no. You lied to me." I was full on screaming. 

"Juggie no listen I love you okay? I just love him t-too." 

"The new kid caused this! It's all his fault, I can't believe you right now." 

"And it's Jughead to you Betty! And no you don't get to love me anymore, because if you did wouldn't do this to me. You knew about my family and you knew that you were the only one I had left! You know what I never want to see you again!" I finished and I started to walk away. She ran up to me. 

"Jughead! Please I'm sorry." She cried. I only stopped to tell her "Goodbye Betty, forever." I said the last part quietly so Betty didn't hear, but I failed and she heard me. 

"What Jug no!" I didn't listen to her because I ran into the street without looking. 

I had to many tears coming out of my eyes that I didn't even brother to look before crossing the street. I suddenly hear a car honk but it was to late. It hit me and everything turned black. The only thing I could hear was Betty screaming my name, and suddenly everything went numb.