Arranged Marriage

Jughead's POV
My dad said I was going somewhere important. I didn't really know what he mean by that, but I hopped on my motorbike and followed him to a destination that was way too familiar; the Cooper residence. God how I hated this place. Mostly because of Betty Cooper. We used to date in high school, but things ended in a bad way, which led to us despising each other, and it would never change. Ever. I stepped into the house to see Betty sitting at the table with her mom. The second she saw me her eyes went from soft to full hatred. I rolled my eyes and sat across from her. My dad took a deep breath and looked at Alice. 

"So, Alice and I had a chat and discovered something about the Jones' and Coopers from the past. Every 150 years, the youngest generation would get married. You guys are the youngest generation. So...that means, that you guys are getting married." Betty and I both laughed. 

"This is a joke right?" She asked. Her mom gave her a sympathetic look. 

"It's not. It's written in stone that you guys get married, and it's happening whether you like it or not." I scoffed and my dad gave me a look. 

"We know you guys have had your differences, but you were so in love. There's no way it could've ended all in one night. I'm sure it's still buried deep down in your heart." Alice said to try and ease the situation. Betty glared at her. 

"I hate every single one of you." She said before storming upstairs, which was followed by me running out and driving back home. This was gonna be a nightmare. 

Time skip to the wedding
Betty's POV
It was the day. The day I would be married to Jughead. We'd learned to get along over the past few months, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him. We may have had a moment yesterday, but that's really all that's happened. I still don't want to be married to him, but it's a little more bearable. The doors of the church opened as I started to step down the aisle. Music started playing and people stood up. I looked at Jughead and he gave me a smile. I smiled back and finished my bride to be walk, and met Jughead at the end of the aisle. The priest did the wedding stuff and we gave short vows. Finally, it was time for the kiss. We looked at each other awkwardly before he pulled me closer and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I felt a spark but didn't say anything, I pulled away and stared at my feet as people cheered. Veronica said that there was love between Jughead and I, but I just ignored her. I looked up and gave her a look as she whispered in my ear. 

"I know you felt a spark when you kissed him and don't try to deny it." I could tell she smirked at my blush and I just shook my head, wanting to go home and sleep. 

A few hours later
Jughead and I walked into our new house that our parents had bought us. The reception was fun, but it was mostly me hanging out with V and Jughead hanging out with Archie. We both sat down on the couch and stared at each other. 

"I guess we're married..." I said quietly. 

He didn't say anything, just nodded. After a couple minutes of silence he spoke. 

"Look, I know I've never said it before and I'm about 5 years too late, but I just wanted to say sorry for how things went down. I'm sorry that I thought you were cheating on me because you blew me off for Archie and I'm sorry I didn't listen to you why you did. But I'm most sorry for forgiving Archie but not you. Even after I learned that you needed to help him study otherwise he would fail, I couldn't bring myself to apologize. If I had, maybe things would've ended differently. Maybe we wouldn't be upset over this...but happy. Happy that we were brought together. I know we can't do much about what happened, but I wanna make this work. I don't want to spend our marriage fighting all the time and hating each other. I want to be friends, and maybe on day more. But it's a team effort, and you need to be on board." I nodded my head and looked back at the ground. We may not be in love but we would be okay.

One year later
Jug and I had been pretty good. We were getting closer and closer and the spark was growing bigger. We've had a couple of moments, and they were getting more frequent. I finally came to the realization that I was falling for Jughead Jones again. I was gonna tell him tonight. 

A few hours later
I saw Jughead walk through the doors of our house at his normal time. I was putting dinner on the table as I came home work early and wanted to surprise him. He walked into the kitchen and sat down. 

"Well this is a nice surprise." He said as I gave him his burger, as they are his favorite food. After a while of eating and talking I decided to tell him. 

"Jug, I um...I have to tell you something." 

"So do I." I looked up at him. 

"You can go first" I said, thinking what he had to say was probably more important. 

"No, you go first." After 30 seconds of us deciding who should go first, we decided to tell each other at the same time. "1, 2, 3,-" I said before taking a deep breath.

"I'm falling for you-" We said in unison. We both blushed and looked down. 

"You are?" I asked him quietly. 

"Yeah...you are too?" I nodded my head and decided to stand up and walk over to him. I lifted his chin up and kissed him softly. 

"I guess we're trying this again." He said which made me laugh. 

"Yeah...and this time there won't be any studying that gets in the way."