Date Night part 2

Betty's POV
He sat on one of the two couches inside the trailer, me laying next to him, my head resting on his lap, as he ran his hand up and down my arm. 

I calmed down in the meantime and Jughead was just listening to me while I told him what happened at Pops. 

"I avoided these thought for so long but when he started to talk about Jingle Jangle it just took over me. All those memories of Polly...My mom crying for days. How my dad acting like nothing happened but hearing him crying at night. I knew he felt bad and that he knew he was one of the reasons. To know I was sitting at Pops with possibly the one that gave the drugs to Polly made me feel so guilty..." 

"I'll beat the crap out of him when I next see him." He said after a few minutes of silence, which made me chuckle. 

"I don't want you to get into a fight with him. He was a whole gang behind him and I really don't want him to destroy that perfect face of yours." I couldn't stop myself from grinning. 

He chuckled a "Fine." Before his face turned serious again. 

"But I'm sorry. I know you miss her a lot and that it was hard to accept her death." He repeated his apology which I responded to with a sigh. 

"You don't have to feel sorry, it's not your fault the Serpents actually turned into the drug dealing criminals everyone was scared of already anyways." I spoke and turned around, still laying on his lap, to look at Jughead. 

"I wonder if my dad knows..." He though loudly and I chewed my bottom lip. 

When Fp forced Jughead to join his gang, he promised him that all these rumors about the serpents being criminals and dangerous were actually just rumors and that they were just a gang with the purpose to be a family to one another. During the short time where Jughead was a serpent, there wasn't a single thing, saying that the serpents were involved with all that crap. 

"Do you think he lied to me?" He was no asking me and I looked up again to look my best friend in the eyes. 

I slowly shook my head. "I know you and Fp never had much in common and argue a lot but I think he would tell you such a thing. Considering that you'd have been involved in it too." 

"What if he wouldn't: What if he believed I'm not worth to get to know about the serpents actual business since I never wanted to become the new leader." 

I stayed silent on that, not knowing what to respond. 

"See." Jughead's voice broke the silence. 

I sat up and grabbed his hand to support my following words. "Sweet Pea said that the ones that deliver the drugs, get the Jingle Jangle from a gang called the Ghoulies, so I don't think your dad knows about the drug dealing, but he should know." 

He didn't respond at first but when I squeezed his hand slightly, his head lifted to exhale a heavy sigh. 

"I hope you're right. I'll talk to him about it...maybe tomorrow." 

I smiled at him before I snapped back into reality. 

"Crap! What time is it?" 

HE took out his phone from his jeans pocket. 

"Twenty past ten." He responded and my eyes widened. 

"Crap. Crap. Crap! I'm supposed to be home in ten minutes!" I jumped up from the couch to grab my bad that was left on the kitchen counter. 

Jughead appeared behind me as I was just about to grab my jacket. 

"I'll walk you home. It's late and we're on the south side. I won't accept a no." He said as he grabbed his jacket as well and didn't even give me a chance to tell him no.