Fear the walking dead

⚠️There is blood, gore, violence, and minor character death. It's a zombie apocalypse so there will be some not pretty scenes!!⚠️

Jughead's POV
You can't be ready for the zombie apocalypse. You see movies and TV shows and read books about it, thinking you know everything, but when it actually happens, you're not prepared. In just 3 days, the world went to shit. 

Day 1: the disease came everyone got sick. It was in the air, in the food, and according to the CDC, it was in everyone but wasn't fatal or so we thought. 

 Day 2: Over half the population, dead. The disease picked off the easy targets with bad immune systems and heath issues. 4.3 billion people dead in 1 day, but the remaining 3.3 billion were luckier we didn't die. 

Day 3: was when it all went down. The people rose, but they weren't the same, they weren't human. They were the walking dead. Their hearts weren't pumping blood, but the disease had taken over their brain engulfing it with a darkness that turned them into animals, but they were dead. They were viscous. They craved flesh. You could shoot them in the chest 30 times, chop them in half, behead them, but they wouldn't die. You had to go for the brain, the thing that kept them 'alive.' 

The government was a mess. People were fleeing their homes, but the draggers were growing. If you were bit or scratched, you were destined to die, unless you were bit on a part of the body that could be cut off. If that was the case, you had to think fast. Grab whatever you could and get the body part off before the disease spread thought out your body. Another thing we discovered was that one you die, whether you were killed by the draggers or not, you had less than 24 hours before you turned. The disease got to your brain once you were dead, eating away at the humanity and turning you into a monster. So that was the thing, everyone was sick. The only way to stop it was with a hit to the head, really killing the brain but it didn't really do anything to you, until you were dead. Except for the unlucky folks who died from it on the second day. 

We didn't want to call them zombies, that was to fictional for the situation. So the government called them draggers, and that's what society was calling them now too. And that's where I am now. 

Day 7: alone. My mother died from the sickness on day 2. She bit my dad, but I managed to get his wrist off with a saw we had in the took shed after killing my mom. My sister was petrified, and there was a lot of blood and screaming as I sawed off my dads hand, but it saved him. We took what we could. My sister got a bow and arrow, since, believe it or not she was really good at archery. My dad and I had guns that we got from the sheriffs station, and enough ammo to last us a while. I also had my pocket knife, which I used for hand to hand combat. 

We raided the stores we could, most of them abandoned. We killed a lot of draggers as we raided, looking for food and other necessities but one caught my dad off guard, biting into his shoulder. My sister and I screamed, but I knew it was to late and I held my sister back. I killed the dragger and rushed to my dads side. He told my sister and I that he loved us, and that we had to stay alive for him. He said he didn't want to become one of those things, so through my tears, I shot my dad in the head. I held my sister until she fell asleep, before carrying her to the back room of the store we had been in, blocking off the door, and falling asleep. That was day 4. 

On day 6, my sister died. We left Toledo in my dads pickup truck, neither of us speaking a word. We got more ammo and guns, and we even took down a group of 23 draggers. The car started beeping, and I saw that we were running out of gas. So I pulled over and told Jb to keep lookout while I checked the trunk to see if we had any gas, but something happened. A car came, and whoever was driving it must've been drunk, because they didn't see me or the truck. I turned around and froze in my place like an idiot, watching it come closer. I closed my eyes and prepared for the impact, when I felt someone push me out of the way. I fell to the ground and turned over to see Jb get hit by the car. There was a sickening crack as the car barreled into her, squeezing her between the truck and the car. I screamed her name as the driver reversed the car. I looked him in the face, saw the look of guilt and horror in their eyes, before they sped off. I ran to Jb's side, but she was gone. Her entire body had been pancaked. I held her close to my chest and sobbed into her shoulder for hours. It wasn't until I felt her move that I dropped her. Her eyes were blank and she was moving her jaw around. Her eyes were blank and she was moving her jaw around. Since her body was crushed, she couldn't really move. She could just lay there and snarl. I didn't want to kill her, I really don't, but she wasn't my sister anymore. She was one of them now. I told her I loved her, before pulling out my pistol and shooting her in the head. I picked her up off the road and laid her down in a field of flowers nearby, before returning to the car. The back was destroyed, so I just took our weapons and continued on foot. I didn't know where I was going until I saw a sign. Riverdale! The town with pep! 3 miles up. Riverdale. I was going back to Riverdale.