Fear the walking dead part 3 (final part)

⚠️TW//mentions of blood and death so if any of those things bother you, you might not wanna read this one.⚠️

General POV
4 months later
Betty groaned as she got out of her and Cheryl's car, putting a hand on her baby bump.

"When will you stop kicking me?" The blonde sighed. Cheryl walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. 

"We can keep driving if you want. I'm sure there's another grocery store somewhere down the road." Betty smiled and her cousin, but shook her head slightly. 

"I'm fine Cher, and it's gonna get dark soon. We need to get some supplies before finding somewhere to stay for the night." 

4 months ago, Steatoda had fallen. Betty and Cheryl had been separated from their friends and family, most importantly, Jughead and Toni. Cheryl hadn't shed a single tear when she knew Betty could hear her, but the blonde could hear her cousins loud sobs once she thought Betty had fallen asleep. Betty wasn't so closed off which her emotions, and openly wailed in front of Cheryl for weeks. But as the days went by, she cried less and less, because she knew in her heart Jughead was alive. She could feel it. Another thing that kept her going was the baby. Her baby. Her and Jughead's baby. A few weeks after the collapse of Steatoda, Betty began to feel sick. At first she thought it was stress, but it got worse and worse as time went on. She was having horrible mood swings, and her appetite had changed entirely. 

One day, while her and Cheryl were looting a grocery store, she found a box of pregnancy tests and that was when the realization hit her. So five minutes later, she was sobbing into Cheryl's shoulder, holding a positive pregnancy test in her hand. 

Cheryl worked at Riverdale general hospital before this entire fiasco went down, and it just so happened that she was an obstetrician. She had graduated Harvard and then graduated Harvard med with outstanding grades, so Betty trusted her with the little equipment they were able to gather from various hospitals and clinics they found. Cheryl could tell that Betty was around four weeks pregnant and the baby was healthy. Cheryl grabbed as much equipment as she could that they need to help Betty through her pregnancy, and fit it into the back of the SUV they had been driving. 

They drove back to Steatoda, which was now in ruins, in hope of finding anyone or anything that can lead back to Jughead and Toni. They walked around for about an hour, killing some stray draggers. They eventually ended up at Betty and Jughead's house. Betty held back tears as she walked inside. It was untouched. Dirty dishes were still in the sink, the pancakes her and Jughead had for breakfast the day of the collapse were sitting in the frying pan, moldy with flies zooming around it. She walked up the steps into the master bedroom, pictures of her and Jughead framed the wall, and a few on the dresser. Their clothes were still strewn all over the floor, the closet door still open from when she was picking an outfit. She collapsed onto the bed and held onto Jughead's pillow, which still smelled like him. A few tears fell down her face before she heard Cheryl calling for her, so she pulled out a duffel bag and shoved everything she could in it. Some of her clothes, some of Jughead's clothes, Jughead's cologne, all of the pictures that were on the wall and on the dressers. She found the camera that held the video of Jughead proposing to her, which had been recorded by Cheryl. Their wedding was supposed to be sometime next month, and watching the video made her heartache. She put it in the duffel bag, and finally grabbed Jughead's pillow. She held it close to her and made her way downstairs to Cheryl, who had her own bag, probably filled with similar things. They nodded silently to each other, and made their way back outside and to their SUV. They decided to go South, since they had gone North before and nothing there seemed promising. So, Betty started up the engine and they set off. 

Here they were now, 4 months later. Things hadn't exactly gone to plan, to say the least. The way that they were going had highways which were filled with thousands of draggers, so they had to find a new way which involved turned around and going around the highways completely. Then they got kidnapped by a group called the Ghoulies, but long story short, Cheryl had managed to get her bow and arrows one day and kill the leaders, Malachi and Penny Peabody, which caused the entire group to run away. Betty and Cheryl managed to get back on the road again. There was also Betty's pregnancy, which had been a detour itself, sometimes having to stop for days on end because Betty was too carsick to go further. The pair was currently at a grocery store in Nevada city. Betty put her hands on her growing baby bump, and followed Cheryl into the store.