Photograph part 1

It had been a long few weeks. Jughead had worked long nights for a week straight, only seeing the kids when they were tucked into bed, asleep. He missed the sound of his children's feet, and he hated admitting it, but even the sound of arguing amongst the young children was starting to sound better than absolute quiet. 

Betty too had been busy. She has to keep herself locked away in the study to get articles written for an entertainment blog. It wasn't until they were called to the principal's office about their son did they realize that they needed to take a break. 

"What did they say on the phone?" Jughead's leg was shaking uncontrollably, and it wasn't until Betty gently placed her hand on his knee and he calmed down. 

"All they told me was that there was a fight, and that Jett was involved. They didn't tell me anything else." Betty's voice was shaking. 

"Mr and Mrs Jones?" A voice boomed. Betty and Jughead turned their heads to the door to see the principal standing at the door with his arms crossed. He was angry, and it answered a lot of the questions that Betty and Jughead had. They followed him inside and sat in the chairs, which their son was already sitting in. Jett was holding a wet cloth to his face, and his lip was bleeding. A black eye was forming around his left eye. 

"Jett!" Betty exclaimed. "What happened? My poor baby!" 

"Your son was involved in a fight this afternoon." The principal began. 

"Well, what happened? Who started it?" Jughead interrupted. 

"Jett threw the first punch, his teacher reported." The principal continued. 

"No. That's impossible. There's no way that Jett punched someone without it being self defense." Betty insisted. "Who did he punch?" 

"Logan Fogarty." 

"Of course he punched Fang's kid." Jughead groaned. His relationship with Fang was strained after he handed over the Serpents to Jellybean when he and Betty got married, instead of handing the Serpents to Sweet pea. 

"I didn't just punch him out of no where." The nine yer old piped up. 

"There's no excuse for violence." Betty shook her head. 

"But he said you guys were going to split up because Jellybean is picking Delilah and me up from school all the time." He mumbled. Jughead sighed. Fangs and his girlfriend were going through a messy break up, and clearly it was rubbing off on Logan. 

"Buddy, we're not going to split up." Jughead said patiently. "We've just been busy at work. Your mom and I love each other very much." 

"This seems more like a family matter, so I'm going to finish things up here so you can go home." The principal cleared his throat. "Jett will need to write Logan and apology letter, and will be required to stay inside with his teacher at recess for the rest of the week." 

Betty and Jughead said goodbye to the principal, agreeing with Jett's punishment. They picked up their daughter, Delilah, from the playground who was being watched by Veronica. They stopped by Alice's house to pick up their other daughter, Stella, who was still to young for day care. Delilah, who was in the first grade, was oblivious to what happened and skipped into the house. Jett hadn't said a word since the encounter with the principal. Betty laid Stella down for a nap, and Jughead set up Delilah with a snack and some drawing. 

Betty and Jughead both sat down with Jett to see what the matter was. 

"Why did you get so angry about it Jett?" Jughead asked him. 

"Because you're both working and you don't see each other anymore. Logan said that's what is parent were doing." Jett whispered. 

"What's happening with Logan's parents is very scary, but very different with what's happening with us. You're dad and I are very busy with work. And we're sorry that we haven't been around. It's been hard hasn't it?" Betty said gently. 

"Why don't we do something as a family?" Jughead decided. "Why don't you pick something that we can all do together." 

Jett was silent for a moment. 

"I want to look at photos!" Jett announced. Jett's favorite activity to do on a rainy day was to look through photo albums albums and listen to the story's behind each photo. 

Betty and Jughead gathered Delilah and Jett around the coffee table, Betty and Jughead's favorite phone album was in front of them. 

The photo album was leather, but the leather was scratched and faded from years of love and enjoyment. 

They opened the first page, and Jett immediately pointed to the first photo. 

"What's that one?"