Tensions and temptations |07|

Someone's Pov

"Only time will reveal the depths of their hearts, In a world of chaos, where love's flame sparks."

Jimin slowly steps downstairs. He was wearing a white T-shirt tucked under little baggy black jeans and a yellow cardigan covering his small frame with a black backpack hanging loose on his right shoulder. His white sneakers with a little pink print looked good on him as he skipped his way toward the lounge.

In the living room, Jimin's in-laws were enjoying their tea. Jungkook's mother was an elegant and beautiful woman who Jimin loves after his mother, beamed at him.

"Mom, Dad." Before Jimin could utter anything, Jungkook's voice reached out to him. His attention was immediately drawn to Jungkook, who was effortlessly gorgeous and looked confident in his white silk shirt, dark blue blazer with matching formal pants, and perfectly styled hair. Jimin's heart skipped a beat, momentarily distracted by Jungkook's captivating presence. However, before Jimin could gather his thoughts, Jungkook slightly walked past him, leaving him speechless.

"You are going? I thought you would take a day off for us, " Jungkook's mom says, her red lipstick-coated lips all pout as she expresses her disappointment that Jungkook was leaving despite it being a day they had hoped to spend together. Jimin felt a pang of guilt for being the reason behind Jungkook's departure.

"You know Mom, will never happen. Anyway, have fun. I will be back late. " Jungkook says, ready to leave that is until his mother speaks again.

"Won't you kiss Jimin, your goodbye?" Jungkook halts. He turns around to see Jimin standing there with his eyes wide, might slightly open, and body stiff. The unexpected request caught Jimin off guard, his eyes widening and his body freezing.

"This is not some k-drama going on Mom. Have a good day. "Jungkook glances at Jimin for a brief second before he is already out of Jimin's vision.

"Ugh, I-I have to go too. Have a good day. " Jimin slightly bows. Feeling a mix of awkwardness and disappointment, he hastily excused himself, eager to escape the uncomfortable situation.

"Why do you always push these children, honey? You know how our son is." Jungkook's father says, keeping down the newspaper that he was reading earlier.

"I know how our son is. That's why I am pushing them, " Jungkook's mother replies while shrugging her shoulders. A disappointing pout was visible on her face.

.
.
.
In his office, Jungkook's exhaustion weighed heavily on him as he continued working late into the night. The clock on the wall read 11:45 PM, a reminder of the long hours he had been dedicating to his work. He barely registered the sound of the door opening and closing, assuming it was Namjoon.

"Namjoon hyung, why are you still here?" Jungkook asks, his voice filled with sleepiness as he still types on his computer, eyes near to shut down.

"You are still working?" To Jungkook's surprise, it was not Namjoon, but Eun-sook, his girlfriend, who had arrived. She had her long blonde hair clipped messily while her green bodycon dress hugged her perfect body. Red lipstick sits perfectly on her lips, and her face has a dewy makeup look. She walks, keeping her purse on the small coffee table, and heads over to Jungkook, who was typing away on his computer, not giving her even a glance.

She circles her hands around his shoulder and lets it fall on his chest from the back as she tries to kiss his cheeks but is shaken off when Jungkook pulls away from her hug.

"Why are you here at this late hour?" Jungkook asks, stopping his hand movement for a second before continuing it.

"What do you mean? You canceled our date. You don't pick up my calls, and now when I come to meet you, you don't look happy at all!" The woman is yelling. Her voice is high and pitchy, Jungkook had to close his eyes for a second.