Prologue

CJ McCollum POV:

My name is CJ McCollum and I am the shooting guard for the Portland Trailblazers. I met Damian Lillard when I was drafted by Portland and of course we didn't date until I realized he was in love with me. Anyways, let's go back to how things had started between me and Damian.

Portland, Oregon
2:00pm,
Summer of 2013,

Have you ever heard about the genre of the music, Like Ed Sheeran, John Legend, Bruno Mars, Kpop and other artists that CJ would always listen to? You have come to the right place where CJ McCollum finds himself to fit in along with the NBA players in Portland. "Dude, what's going on with you man?" LaMarcus Aldridge was trying to get CJ to talk to him. "Oh sorry, I couldn't stop thinking about the comeback," CJ said embarrassingly. "That's alright hon," Will Barton chuckles. "Trust me, Meyers Leonard was doing the same thing to me haha," Will knew what it was like to be in CJ McCollum's shoes. "So what's new with you?" "Actually, I am placed on the roster for the Portland trailblazers," McCollum told them.

"What? No way! Welcome to the Portland Trailblazers!" Will Barton said shaking his hands. "My name is Will Barton, what's your name?" "I'm Christian James McCollum, call me CJ," He replied. "Pleasure to meet you all CJ McCollum," The rest of the teammates introduced themselves to him. "I'm sure you'll love playing with us. Hope you don't get traded, so we can all make the playoffs altogether," Meyers added. "Besides, there's someone who would like you to know that the person that came from Oakland is here," "Oh okay," CJ nodded. "I wonder if it's okay if I can introduce myself to him," "No pressure dude, just take it easy," CJ goes to the person as he looks back at him.

CJ McCollum: Hi.

Person: Hi there, are you new here?

CJ McCollum: Yes.

Person: Oh okay, what's your name?

CJ McCollum: My name is Christian James McCollum, you can call me CJ.

Person: Nice to meet you CJ, I'm Damian Lillard.

CJ McCollum: Oh right! You're Damian Lillard, what brings you here?

Damian Lillard: I just moved here to Portland that's why I was drafted by the Portland Trailblazers, how about you? What have you been up to?

CJ McCollum: Same, I moved to Portland as well. Besides, I lived in the apartment across the town and yet, it's not so bad.

Damian Lillard: Ah I can see that. Well I hope you liked the team here, but I wanted to get to know you more about your experience.

CJ McCollum: Oh okay, so what's going on?

Damian Lillard: Look I know it may be too early, but I was wondering if you could join me for dinner.

CJ McCollum: Sure that would be wonderful.

Damian Lillard: Alrighty! I'll see you tonight then?

CJ McCollum: Yeah.

Damian Lillard: No worries.

After the short introduction, CJ was surprised knowing that Damian Lillard had asked him to go on the dinner date with him. Plus, they're not dating yet, Damian wanted to get to know him more and his interests. However, Damian Lillard wanted to tell him something because of CJ living in the 2 bedroom apartment, he could move in with him. "So CJ, did Damian asked you if you wanted to go on a date with him?" LaMarcus wondered. "Oh yeah, he said that he wanted to get to know me more and I know you may be thinking of the possibility that Damian Lillard could be in love with me and he would most likely to be my boyfriend, but I have to think about it first because I don't want to jump into the romantic relationship just yet,"

LaMarcus Aldridge: It's okay darling, I understand.

Will Barton: You know if you're not busy tomorrow, you, me, LaMarcus, Meyers and Allen Crabbe can join us for breakfast tomorrow. I was wondering if Damian Lillard was going to join us because I didn't want him to interrupt our meeting haha.

CJ McCollum: I'd love that.

Will Barton: Great! We'll see you tomorrow CJ.

CJ McCollum POV:

So I met a guy named Damian Lillard and he asked me out to go on a dinner date with him. In the meantime, he wanted to get to know me better and I hope everything will be fine and yet, the introduction went well. My dinner date with him starts at 6pm and the breakfast with the boys will start at 8am. Somehow, Will was wondering if Damian Lillard could come because he knows that he wouldn't want to miss the breakfast bond. In case you may be wondering if me and Damian Lillard are going to start a romantic relationship, as of now, I'll take it slow and wait for him to fall in love with me first.

Author's Note:

Hi Everyone, how's life there brothers and sisters? Congratulations to me for making the first Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum fanfic. Plus, this is the summer fanfic that I made and I have another one for the Jamal and Austin Rivers. Although, I am a slow updater. Anyways, Hope you guys have a wonderful rest of the week and stay safe out there.

- Jessica