Chapter Four

*CJ McCollum is pregnant*

~ First game in Portland ~

Portland, Oregon,
4:00pm,

CJ McCollum was at the pregame for the game when he started to feel nauseous while practicing along with his teammates. "CJ, are you okay?" Damian asked him. "No babe, I don't feel so good, I think I'm going to throw up," CJ ran to the bathroom and started throwing up. He was gagging and coughing the entire contents until it was emptied out. "What happened?" His teammate asked. "CJ's not feeling well," CJ got back up and returned to the game. However, he had a talk with the head coach and figured out what had happened firsthand. Terry Stotts asked him what was going on. "So CJ, what's new with you?" "Well coach I'm concerned of late," CJ said shyly. "Why? Did something happen?" CJ nodded. "Yes, I think there's something wrong with me,"

"Why? What's going on?" His head coach wondered what was happening and was worried for his well-being. "I don't know what to tell you, but I haven't had any period for months now, I have been feeling very sick, exhausted, fatigued and yet, I have been exercising and eating healthy, but then I started feeling nauseous and would throw up my lunch. I don't know if it was a food poisoning or anything, my taste buds were still crappy," "Oh wow," Terry said. "Have you taken the pregnancy test?" "No coach I haven't," He replied. "Actually, I do have plenty of pregnancy test boxes in my office. Just go straight to my office, open it and then take it in the bathroom," "Okay coach," Next, CJ McCollum went to Terry Stott's office to get the clear blue pregnancy test to take it to the bathroom stall in the Portland Trailblazers locker room. He sat on the toilet to take the test and waited for a few minutes before he heads out of the bathroom to see if he was pregnant or not. Then the results came out. It had two lines: Positive.

CJ McCollum: No, no, no, no, no. This can't be true. I thought it was food poisoning.

Terry Stotts: How did it go?

CJ McCollum: It was strange Coach. I'm pregnant. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do this myself.

Terry Stotts: Hey, hey, hey. It's okay, I'm a father also, we'll figure out what to do.

CJ nodded as the head coach took him to the clinic to figure out what was going on. CJ explained to the doctor that he has been experiencing symptoms like irregular periods, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue. Thus, he had moderate headaches and could feel very irritable and moody. Not only that, he was throwing up during the basketball practice. Later on, the nurse placed the gel on his belly and it had a blob inside his belly. "The good news is, you didn't have any food poisoning CJ, you're pregnant," It was a shock for CJ McCollum because he kept thinking he may have eaten something bad.

He got home after going to the clinic and called Damian Lillard about what had happened when he went to the doctor to tell him what was going on. However, CJ confirmed to him that it wasn't the food poisoning, he was pregnant. Damian was surprised and told him that he's going to be a father. CJ felt nervous because he thought Damian didn't want a baby, but he accepted the fact that he and Damian are going to be parents. He didn't tell his parents about it because CJ knew they would be very upset with him if ever.

CJ McCollum POV:

So I figured that it wasn't a food poisoning, I was pregnant since the doctor was telling me that I'm on my 3 weeks of pregnancy. Damn! I never thought this could happen to anyone because I had a friend of mine that got pregnant at their teenage years. I don't know if one of my teammates had known anything about me finding out that I was pregnant. In that case, I could be the first NBA player to become a mother prior to playing for Portland Trailblazers.

Next, he called Errick McCollum and asked what was going on, but only found out about what had happened to CJ. "You're pregnant right?" His older brother Errick asked CJ. "What? Damn it! How on earth did you know?" CJ was taken aback by the fact that his older brother had known about his younger brother's pregnancy. "Well because Damian Lillard told me," "Oh my goodness Errick! What will mom and dad think?" CJ said shaking his head in disbelief. "Can we keep that a secret because I really don't want Mom and dad to know," "Okay, I'll keep it a secret for you then," His brother said.

CJ McCollum POV:

Geez! What will my parents think when I tell them that I'm pregnant with the first child? Do you think they'll be upset with me or are they going to be excited?