Chapter Seven

*Gender Reveal*
CJ McCollum~ 6 months pregnant
Portland, Oregon,
3:00pm,

CJ was seated on the table alongside Damian Lillard while waiting for the guests to arrive at the McCollum. In fact, CJ and Damian's parents came to attend the Gender reveal along with the teammates, family and friends. During the party, CJ bonds with the family's kids since CJ's brother became a mother. Not only that, CJ has bonded very well with the kids in which it made Damian Lillard smile knowing that he and him will have a baby on their own. On the contrary, they were excited for the fun party. Later on, the teammates, family and friends were handing out gifts from the baby registry such as diapers, clothes, toys, crib, bedsheets etc for the baby. Thus, CJ McCollum always dreamed of becoming a mother just like his mom did and he made his dreams come true of carrying a baby in his womb. The kids can hardly wait for CJ to become a mother.

Mrs. McCollum: so how's everything going?

CJ McCollum: it's been great mom.

Mrs. McCollum: that's good.

Even the parents of Damian Lillard came by to hand out some baby stuff. They were surprised because he and Damian were expecting a baby in the middle of the NBA season. Thus, they were going to determine whether CJ and Damian were going to have a boy or a girl. As they finished eating food, CJ and Damian Lillard were making an announcement that they're going to start the gender reveal whether they're going to have a boy or a girl. Yet, Damian's mother brought the boy or girl? Balloon to the end. "Are you guys ready to find out whether CJ and I are having a boy or a girl?" The fans can hardly wait for the couple to pop the balloon.

"One! Two! Three!" CJ pops the balloon that had the pink confetti flying around the corner. "We're having a girl!" CJ shouted excitedly as the rest of the crowd were congratulating them. CJ was thrilled knowing he was expecting a baby girl with his teammate Damian Lillard. Yet, everyone in the house were excited as well. "Congratulations to you both!" Their teammates said.

~ Time lapse to meeting the Doula & Family gathering ~

CJ McCollum~ 8 months and 36 weeks pregnant

CJ and Damian meets up the Doula who was a high school friend of CJ's mother that was an expert on childbirth and other things. "You're CJ McCollum right?" She asked. "Yes Nessa," Nessa and CJ's mother went to high school together when they reached to college, Nessa was the one that took the nursing class for the midwifery and other classes. Yet, she checked to make sure everything was fine with CJ and their unborn child. CJ's mother caught up with her friend who went on the same school as her.

Nessa: so CJ are you planning to do a home birth?

CJ McCollum: yes.

Nessa: okay good to know and you can wear any nightgown you want for your home birth.

CJ McCollum: okay.

Nessa: any questions you have regarding the childbirth?

CJ McCollum: I have a question.

Nessa: go for it.

CJ McCollum: is it okay if I can bring any stuff toy like my Ryan Bear plush during birth?

Nessa: yes you can, you can bring it with you during your birth.

CJ McCollum: okay.

She sent him the to do and what not to do when CJ McCollum gives birth to a baby. Thus, with any questions regarding to the baby and stuff, CJ wanted to make sure that everything was all settled to help him prepare for the baby's arrival.

~ Family gathering ~

Damian's parents and siblings came by for the family gathering at the Olive Garden and everyone was excited about the baby. Yet, CJ McCollum can hardly wait to become a mother because he wanted to have the experience firsthand of becoming a mom to his baby. Even CJ and Damian's grandparents can hardly wait to see the great grandchild.

Mr. McCollum: so I heard that you're expecting a baby girl.

CJ McCollum: yeah I know dad.

CJ's father tells him how sorry he was for getting mad at him after finding out that he was pregnant, but he was happy because he's going to be a grandfather. "You know CJ, I wanted to tell you how sorry I was for yelling at you about being pregnant, but you know, I was worried because I didn't know what was going on," His dad explained. "But for the record, I'm going to be a grandfather," "Dad, you did what you could," He said. "Also, I'm going to be a mom," CJ's father gave his son a hug and yet, they decided to leave it behind and move on with their lives. Not only that, Damian's father had been speaking to Mr. McCollum when he found out about CJ's pregnancy, he understood what he was going through.

Afterwards, they continued their journey together and everyone on the table were amazed. CJ and Damian can hardly wait for the journey as parents to start. Not only that, they were having their photos taken. They took photos of CJ and Damian. CJ posted the story on his social media and he could feel the unborn child kicking in his womb. Even CJ McCollum's college friends were excited. "Our CJ McCollum is going to be a mother," They said. "I know and I can hardly wait to be one," CJ said.

CJ McCollum POV:

I had a great family gathering and my dad was fine with me becoming a mother. Well at least me and Damian can hardly wait to start our journey not just an NBA player for Portland Trailblazers, but our journey as parents. In fact, no matter what happens, me and CJ will always be together.

Damian Lillard POV:

CJ and I are going to become great parents to our baby girl. Not only that, it will be a rewarding experience to me and CJ. Plus, CJ would always say that if me and him were to have a child together, we will have a family on our own.