Chapter 24: The fiery blaze

Veldanava's POV:

"Hey,have you told Rimuru about the news yet?"

"Course I did! What makes you think I wouldn't?!"

"Because uh,you are still scared of your sisters? I mean Velzard is already living here,so that leaves Velgrynd only?"

"E-eh,not really..."

Veldora tried to evade my playful gaze as he shakes in anxiety and fear due to the current situation and my constant bombardment of questions.

Heck,can't really blame him for that. I do agree that this kid was a big troublemaker and kept on causing chaos when he was young,but ending being educated in those not so pleasant ways of education will definitely leave some levels of trauma in anyone's minds.

Velgrynd is already considered gentle and nice in her ways,when she was put into comparison with her scary sister,if Velzard could have stopped on using Veldora as some kind of stress relief tool,shits would've been 10 times better.

Ironically,he's living with the more brutal one,although their relationship did get better,he still shivers oftenly when he sees her in his sight. Poor Veldora.

"Big brother,what are you doing?" Veldora asked me,as I'm typically staring at thin air while doing nothing at all.

"Oh,nothing really. Just thinking." I answered,as I sat down on the grassy rock beneath me,as we are currently standing on a short cliff in the Jura forest.

Why? Haha,surely when one of your little sisters decides to take a break from her multiversal travels and visit her family back at her home,and everytime she lands will definitely create a little crater for the very least,would you even meet her somewhere as crowded as the capital?

I'm not trying to passively commit arson so definitely not in the capital. Somewhere like the forest is way more suited to be the meeting ground.

"Where the heck did Rimuru go last night? He's supposed to be sleeping in his room like he always does.." I said to myself while waiting.

"Hey! Am I late or something?"

As I was thinking,Rimuru flew down from the skies along with someone that I did not expect would be interested in this matter.

"Wow,I did not expect you to bring Guy with you,where did you even go?"

"Just asking some questions. Anyway,back to the topic. Am I late?" He asked,as he rubbed off the dust on his cape.

"No,you are early in fact. Still,I'm still genuinely surprised that Guy came along."

"What's up with that? I'm simply very bored." The demon lord smirks,which I returned mine as well.

"Noted. Now I'm only expecting the icey one to be here. Who knows when his sister could show up?"

"Big brother,I am NOT looking forward to this thing at all! Can you not tease me for a second?!"

Oops,I teased him too much,although it's unintentional...

As we continued to chat,all of us suddenly felt a chilling presence coming towards us at a fearsome speed.

"Rimuru." Guy sternly asked Rimuru,which the latter replied while crossing his arms.

"What?"

"Did you do any kind of stupid shit again?"

"What the hell do you mean anyway?" He confusingly said before the source of the coldness landed behind us.

"Sup little sis,you're the last one here." I jokingly said as I ruffled her hair.

"This was not a competition at the start anyway,why should I care?" She sighed and moved my hands away forcibly.

"Aww,come on!"

"Be quiet already."

"You know,technically I'm a lot older than you."

"Does that even matter?"

As we were debating,one of the spectators finally decided to lend me a hand and save the day.

"There there,go easy on your brother would you? I mean,he's not wrong on the point that you're younger than him." Rimuru stepped in by tapping her shoulders,signaling her to stop which she complied.

"Well,if you say so.." She mumbled,before choosing to lean on his shoulders while showing a plain look at the skies.

"So,when will the Scorch dragon show up?" Guy asked.

"Soon,I think. IF she told me that she will be here soon,she would be." I reassured him while also staring at the skies,waiting for something like a portal to open.