1.4

i woke up and went downstairs to see charlie open wing up gifts and my dad on the chair.

i walked over to my dad "are you okay dad?" i asked him and charlie came over "are you having a heart attack? i know cpr."

"no i was just..." my dad looked at his pajamas "s.c."

"yeah, santa claus. hey, same initials as your name, dad." charlie pointed out "scott calvin"

the doorbell rang and i saw my mom on the other side of the window. charlie ran over and got the door.

my mom yelled "did you have a good time?!" she was very loud for it to be really early in the morning.

"great time! the best!" charlie yelled. i waved hi to my mom and the rolled my eyes and went upstairs.

i opened my door to see bernard looking at my stuff. i jumped back startled and whisper-yelled "what are you doing here?!"

he shrugged "well, seeing as you're going to be an elf i'm going to need to tell you the details and about the training you'll go through"

i looked at him with wide eyes and walked into my room and closed my door. i walked up to bernard "so, you're saying i'm going to be an elf... like you?"

"yeah." bernard looked at me with a smile "that's why i gave you the ring because if you have any trouble with practice you can signal me"

i looked at my hand and saw a ring on my finger. i looked back at bernard with a smile "that's a beautiful ring"

"thank you! i made it myself!" bernard had the cutest smile on his face as he said that.

we heard footsteps approaching my door and bernard vanished into thin air and i pretended like i was cleaning my room.

-••-

307 words