i was sitting in the doctors with all of the elves and bernard came rushing in, whispering in my ear, "the toy has taken over the naughty and nice list... he's getting out of control." my eyes widened and i excused myself from the room and ran into the workshop to see the toy in the naughty and nice center.

     i sighed and ran over to him, "what's going on here?" bernard and curtis rushed up behind me. "well, i'm checking the naughty-nice list. actually i'm checking it twice."

     "i already told you!" i yelled and bernard put a hand on my shoulder to relax me, and it worked, "it's been checked, don't worry about it." toy santa looked at the list, "well i do worry about it. there's a lot of mistakes on this list. i'll give you a big fat for instance. in denmark there's a guy named sven halstrom, right here. he's a dane. he was wiping his nose on his sister's shirt. yuck! that's not very nice! and yet, he's on the nice list."

"we try to cut most children slack this time of year." toy santa yelled, "i don't understand that! kids are misbehaving everywhere. they're running with scissors. they're always sticky. 'i'm not gonna stop this car!' 'no, we're not there yet!' 'brush your teeth!' 'pick up those clothes!' it goes on and on."

"but they're just kids! everybody misbehaves some time." bernard tried to convince the toy. "but according to the santa handbook, naughty kids get lumps of coal in their stockings, right? and if they don't have stockings, we will make stockings. in my little personal opinion, they should coal in their stockings. don't you?"

"no! that's not how it works!" i yelled. "hey me the naughty-nice list. get me every list! get me everything." toy santa said and i sighed. bernard and curtis liked at each other, astonished, while i just stood there.

"i'm going to murder him." i said after a bit and stormed off to mine and bernard's office. i looked in the mirror and my cheeks weren't rosy anymore and my ears were completely back to normal. i shook my head and sat down in my chair, grabbing a book and started reading. everything is going wrong...

shortly after, bernard walked in and slightly smiled at me, "hey doll." i smiled at him and walked up to him, "hi" i softly kissed him, wanting something good to happen after today. "are you alright?" bernard asked after we both pulled away from the kiss, he had a hand on my arm. i shook my head, "i'm getting more and more like a human every day and this toy santa is actually starting to make me mad and something bad is going to happen tomorrow, i just... i just know it."

     "nothing bad is going to happen, i promise. we'll take care of it." he smiled at home and i wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

-•••-

the next day, bernard and i walked into the workshop to see the toy in an army outfit. "hi! merry christmas! ho, ho, ho!" my eyes widened and i looked at bernard, "nothing bad is going to happen my ass."

toy santa stopped the machines and all of the elves looked at him. "can i have your attention? stop the work, please. everybody stop the work. merry christmas! i have a little announcement to make. from this moment forward, we're not gonna make any more toys." all of the elves are were upset by this.

i was absolutely furious. so much for this plan being the greatest plan ever. "the children of the world don't deserve these presents! they're running rampant with naughtiness. so for this christmas, we're gonna give those greedy selfish little kids exactly what they deserve. a beautiful, high-quality yet low-sulfur variety of coal!" bernard and i looked at each other with wide eyes and then back at the toy.

"quiet! we have to focus, all of us, on the goals ahead. and just to make sure that that happens..." he blew a horn and giant toy soldiers came out of rooms and surrounded the elves. "stay where you are! don't be afraid!" bernard yelled and i sighed, "bernard, giant toys are marching at us and you expect them to not be afraid?"

"i was up late, couldn't sleep. milk wouldn't do it, cocoa is a little sweet, so i decided to make an army of toy soldiers. they don't have a good sense of humor like me. i would do what they ask you. which is pretty much what i'm going to tell you!"

"don't listen to him!" bernard yelled and i looked at him like he was crazy and whispered, "bernard... what are you doing?" he didn't listen. "this guy's not santa! he's a toy! he has. rubber face and a plastic tushy! trust me! don't let him ruin christmas!" bernard got taken away by two toy soldiers and i yelled to the toy, "taking away the head elf is just going to result in chaos! your plan sucks anyway! giving coal to children, imprisoning elves, being a JERK! i knew something was going to go wrong the minute i layed my eyes on you when you stepped out of the machine. and your fatherly skills are absolutely horrible!"

suddenly i was taken away and thrown in a room, sadly not bernard's. it was somewhere not at the workshop because it was absolutely freezing. i found some wood and started a fire and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around myself before sitting in front of the fire. i sighed and could see my breath, it wasn't out of the blue here, but now it was terrible because i don't have the elf quality of not getting cold.

-•••-

THIRD PERSON

back at home with charlie, he was very upset that scott was going out with his principal. "how could you pick her?" scott sighed, "i didn't pick her."

"you don't care anymore." charlie said and scott got up from the couch, "charlie. i care more about you than anybody else. well, i care about meadow the same... but that's not the point. but it's a two-way street. what am i supposed to do if you won't confide in me?"

"alright, you want it? here it is. i don't live a normal life." scott interrupted charlie, "you live a great life here." charlie shook his head, "no, no. just listen to me! my friends get to go around saying, 'my dad's a plumber.' 'my dad's a pilot.' 'my dad's a dentist.' you know what? my dad is the best thing of all and i can't tell anyone about it. and all is meadow's old friends keep asking me where she is and i have to keep lying saying that she went to college and moved out or something. and you have no idea how hard that is, walking around with that secret for all these years. and now on top of everything, you're going out with principal newman! and you don't even tell me about it. my whole life has become about secrets, and i hate it! i wish meadow came. i always can rely on her for a perfect response."

scott didn't really know what to say, "i'm sorry. forget about principal newman, all right? and forget about santa. i'm done. i'll have the elves fly meadow down here as soon as they can. my time's up."

"who cares anymore? i just need meadow. that's all i wish for." charlie said before walking away. scott watched him with hurt in his eyes and then looked back at his watch.