1.7

bernard was training me magic today. this training was most likely going to get split up into different days.

right now i was learning how to heal wounds. luckily i scrapped my knee badly from skateboarding so i had something to heal.

"so, you just have to put your hands a little over the wound, just like this" bernard demonstrated in front of me.

some boys kiss me, some boys hug me
i think they're okay

i nodded and bernard moved his hands and i did exactly what he had just showed me.

if they don't give me proper credit
i just walk away

i slowly started to think about healing my wound and i tried but nothing happened.

they can beg and they can plead
but they can't see the light (that's right)

bernard grabbed my hands and moved them away before putting his hands rig he where mine were.

cause the boy with the cold hard cash
is always mister right

"you don't just think about healing the wound..."

cause we are living in a material world
and i am a material girl

"...you have to put all of your focus on healing the wound." bernard explained.

you know that we are living in a material world
and i am a material girl

"imagine that you're going to die if you don't get this healed" he said as he moved his hands away.

some boys romance, some boys slow dance
that's all right with me

i put my hands above the wound again and put all of my focus into healing this stupid wound.

if they can't raise my interest
then i have to let them be

my hands start to shake and i see the wound slowly healing.

some boys try and some boys lie
but i don't let them play (no way)

it takes a few minutes but the wound is mostly healed. this is going to take awhile.

only boys who save their pennies
make my rainy day

it has been thirty minutes and finally i healed my wound.

cause we are living in a material world
and i am a material girl

"great job! we're going to need to make that process faster but we'll do that another day" bernard said.

you know that we are living in a material world
and i am a material girl

-••-

393 words