1.8

my dad took me to mom and neil's house to go see charlie. we pulled up outside and mom was walking up to the car.

my dad parked and got out of the car so i did too. my dad spoke first "where is he?"

"well, he could be in his room jumping up and down on his bed wearing a red hat and galoshes" my mom sarcastically said.

i rolled my eyes as my dad spoke "i don't care what neil's doing. where's charlie?"

my mom 'laughed' "oh, i see, i see. well if you can't be father of the year, why not be father christmas huh?"

we walked inside to neil explaining to charlie how santa isn't real "charlie, it's just not logical. how can one man, in one night, visit all the children of the world?"

"not everyone celebrated christmas. and i think there's some sort of time continuum that breaks down once santa's in his sleigh." charlie gave a really logical answer right there.

"what about fireplaces? a lot of people don't have them. how does santa cost those people?" neil tried to defend his part.

"he turns into jell-o and.." charlie made a slurping sound with his mouth "the fireplace kind of appears and he goes through like this" charlie made a motion.

"what about the reindeer? have you ever seen a reindeer fly?" neil asked.

"yes." i said from the other side of the room with my arms crossed. neil glared at me "well, i haven't."

"have you ever seen a million dollars?" i asked in a rude tone and neil just stayed glaring at me "no"

i laughed "just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean is doesn't exist.... duh."

my dad and mom walked in and my dad greeted the other two "hey neil. howdy sport."

"hi dad" charlie said.

"you wanna take a walk?" my dad asked him.

"sure!" charlie said and he went to grab his coat.

"scott? can i have a minute?" neil asked.

i grabbed my mom's hand and let the two 'men' talk. i took her to the other room to talk to her.

"mom, you're going to have to accept the fact that... maybe my dad is santa clause. maybe actually believe charlie for once. just a though." i shrugged.

my mom groaned "i can't believe you're buying into this. you're eighteen. i thought you knew better than to believe in this stuff."

"well, 'this stuff' is actually a very important thing that is happening. i'm becoming an elf, my dad is becoming santa and i need you to believe us."

i slapped my hand over my mouth because i wasn't supposed to tell anyone i'm an elf and i ran back home and to my room.

i sighed and flopped onto my bed. i went straight to sleep, even though it was the middle of the day.

-••-

483 words