2.5

the toy was in front of the mirror being weird. "i am santa claus. boo!" he laughed. he then started to do a little dance. bernard looked down at curtis, "yeah. no, no, i think that this is gonna work. good.. good job curtis."

     curtis glared at bernard, "would it kill you to give a compliment with your whole heart?" i sighed, "i think you did wonderful curtis." curtis smiled at me while bernard quickly glared at me before looking at the toy.

     "santa? i need you to take a look at this." curtis handed toy santa the rule book. toy santa looked at it, "nice!" curtis sighed, "no. i mean, i need you to read it."

"well, let's try to be specific, shall we? i'll take a look at it over at my desk." he walked over and sat down at my dad's desk. bernard stared at toy santa confused, "how does he know where his desk is?"

"i programmed him that way. he has most of santa's memories. just like how he know's that meadow is his daughter." my eyes widened at that and i did not like the fact that he knew that he was my dad, but not really i guess.

"okay." curtis sighed, "we need you to study everything that's in that book because it is the key to being santa."

toy santa looked at him through the magnifying glass. "right! i'll memorize everything in the book. i'll follow all the rules. cause rules are very important."

"i like this guy" curtis smiled up at bernard and i. bernard shook his head with a sigh and i just stared at toy santa with my eyebrows furrowed.

"hi santa." abby walked over with hot chocolate. "hi." abby looked at him with wide eyes. "oh. you look..." bernard leaned over to her, "like he got a good night's sleep."

"like you got a very good night's sleep." abby said with a smile. "how about a nice chocolaty cocoa?"

toy santa didn't do anything and looked at curtis. curtis nodded with a smile and toy santa nodded but with a weirder smile, if you could even call it that. abby poured him and glass and curtis showed him what to do.

he chugged it.

"ah! whoo! that's delicious! i like cocoa! cocoa's superior refreshment! get me some more cocoa! whoo!"

"right away santa!" abby said with a smile before she left the room. toy santa was still going, "oh! woah! i think santa feels a little buzz! whoo!"

bernard and i could barely keep a smile on our faces while curtis had a big smile. i sighed and dragged bernard out of the room with me.

"this is insane. i can't believe what's happening, this is never going to work!" i was panicking and bernard grabbed my shoulders and stopped me.

"meadow, it's going to be fine. you're dad is going to find someone to marry and the toy santa will-" he stopped talking and looked at me with wide eyes.

"bernard, what's wrong..." i stared at him confused and he reached up and grabbed my ear. "it's not as pointy as it used to be.."

i reached and touched my ear and gasped, "MY EAR?! CRAP!" i ran to my room and styled my hair and wore a hat so that my ears weren't showing.