bernard, toy santa, curtis, and i were walking around the workshop and bernard was talking, "santa, i need you to look forward and put on a smiley face. say hello to your elves."

     "ho, ho, ho! you're all doing a wonderful job!" bernard and i smiled at each other and then looked at the elf that approached, "santa, when you said the bigger wheels, is this what you meant?"

     "ho, ho, ho! you're doing a wonderful job!" toy santa yelled. "you're doing great. you could dial it down a little on the ho, ho, ho's,  but otherwise you're gold." toy santa kept repeating ho, ho, ho and bernard and i looked at each other with worried faces before turning to curtis.

     "why don't you just say it? 'you were right, curtis. i was wrong.'" curtis smirked and bernard sighed, "okay, okay, i admit it. they're happy. they're working hard. everything's going to be fine." i nodded and breathed out, "i hope so.."

     "this book is very interesting reading. there's a lot of rules right here at the north pole they're not following." toy santa said and curtis nodded, "that's what i've been saying all along! things have gotten a little too sloppy around here."

     "yes!" toy santa yelled, "and sloppiness means mistakes. mistakes aren't a good thing! i think i might have to make some changed around here." curtis smiled, "what do you have in mind, boss?"

     "let me show you." toy santa walked off with curtis and bernard and i watched them with suspicion. "bernard... this isn't okay. this is definitely going to lead to disaster. and now i'm panicking again. i... need to go lay down."

"meadow, it's all going to be all right. we're going to get that thing on the right track and we're going to fix all of this." bernard put his hands on my shoulders and smiled at me before we walked off to somewhere secluded and he softly kissed me.

once we both pulled away i smiled at him, "we're going to find a way to get through this one way or another" then suddenly i started to feel cold. "bernard.... i'm cold. this isn't good." i felt my ears and they were more rounded, "my ears aren't pointy... like... at all anymore!"

"oh no... just.... here." he put his hat on my head and covered my ears, pulling another one out of his bag and put it on himself before we went to go find toy santa. we ended up finding him outside with curtis.

     "well, i think he's learning at an excellent rate." curtis said and bernard widened his eyes, "oh really? this morning he ate a bowl of waxed fruit." we stopped walking and bernard looked at me for an alibi and i nodded, "yeah... i watched him do it and then he threatened me by telling me that he would throw me off the building if i told anyone."

     the two boys widened their eyes at me with worry and i just shrugged, trying to make myself not look freezing cold so the elves don't get suspicious. "wait a minute. i need the naughty and nice list."

     "no." bernard shook his head. "oh, yes, yes. it says i'm supposed to check it twice." you santa said and i rolled my eyes, "santa already checked it." toy santa turned to me, "no i didn't."

     "the real santa." i simply said. "i am the real santa, meadow. and your father, and you have to listen to whatever i say, so zip it!" bernard looked stunned, "i'm sorry?"

     "i'm in charge here. i'm supposed to check the list twice, that's the rule. i like the rules. i think you're aware of how i feel about that." bernard shook his head, "i think you're misunderstanding something."

"no, i'm the rule-maker. i like the rules. santa likes rules." toy santa and bernard started to fight and curtis yelled over them, "i have a good idea! how about we have some fun? it's good to have fun."

"right. santa, look over there. see those elves? go ahead. go play some tinsel football." bernard smirked and toy santa asked, "what's the object of this tinsel football?" curtis explained the rules and you santa went and played with them.... but he ended up hurting all of them. when the game was over i ran over and helped them all up, bringing them to the elf doctor to get them check out.

BERNARD

i watched as toy santa hurt all of the elves, worried about them. suddenly, meadow rushed over to them and helped them all up and quickly got them to the doctor. i admired her kindness.... i need to marry this woman.