i was just sitting in the random house i was thrown in, bored out of my mind. i watched through the window as the snow fell and wished i could go outside for a second but the boarded up the doors and locked the windows from the outside.

my fire went out and i have no wood, and this blanket is very thin, so i'm absolutely freezing. i walked around, looking at everything in this tiny house and found nothing. suddenly the door barged open and charlie was standing in front with my dad, bernard, and a random lady behind him. i smiled and ran over to them, tightly hugging charlie, "oh i miss you, kid. i haven't seen you in, what, five-six years."

"i missed you too, meadow. and get this, i found a girl! we're not dating but... things are kinda going good!" i pulled out of the hug and high-fived charlie. my dad yelled at us that we need to go stop the toy so we all ran together to where he takes off from and we were just too late. we watched him take off.

bernard whistled, and all of the elves moved out of the way. "what are you doing?" my dad asked and bernard looked at my dad, "you're going to save christmas." my dad looked confused, "how am i supposed to save..." chet came running over, and crashed. my dad didn't want to do it and he got knocked over and that knocked sense into him and he got on chet.

"how much flight time does he have?" my dad asked and i smiled at him, "about a minute and a half. but, he's had a lot of crash time!" my dad glared at me, "meadow." curtis shrugged, "hey, he's just a baby."

"all right, let's see what this baby can do." they took off and we all watched them with smiles. bernard instructed everyone to go outside and everyone ran. i didn't want to but i had to, i had to help. we got outside and saw the soldiers. "snowballs on three! one! two! three!" bernard yelled and everyone there snowballs at the soldiers, it didn't work.

the soldiers started to advance on us and the elves all ran at them. i started to feel a bit lightheaded from being in the cold for too long without anything so the random lady, who i soon learned her name was carol, took me inside into warmth and layed me on my bed, which i instructed was mine.

"are you alright, meadow?" she asked me and i shook my head, "i was in the cold without any source of heat for a while because toy santa sent me into the middle of nowhere in the north pole, like you saw, and i'm no longer an elf so i was just a human stuck for a long time in north pole weather. it wasn't fun."

"here you go, hun" she said like a mother figure and wrapped a blanket around me, trying to keep me arm. i smiled and then we heard a crash outside. carol ran out to investigate it and she gave me her coat so i could go too.

the sleigh was back and it destroyed soldiers. toy santa was defeated and all of the elves grabbed the coats from him. bernard lead me inside and cupped my face, "doll, you're absolutely freezing. like ice cold... this isn't good." i shrugged, "yeah... but what can you do about it? i was a human trapped without heat in the north pole."

bernard kissed my forehead, "we'll get you warmth, i promise." i smiled and we walked over to where my dad, carol, charlie, and curtis were. "where are you going?" bernard asked. "you should know this number one, it's christmas time, i gotta deliver gifts."

"yeah but, aren't you forgetting something?" i pointed a carol. "no." my dad said and i shook my head, "you gotta get married!" we all stopped walking and carol looked suprised, "excuse me?"

"carol, i... i cannot continue being santa and meadow can't continue being an elf unless i find a mrs. claus." carol nodded, "oh. so that's what the whole noodles and pie thing... you just needed to find a wife."

"no."

"no?"

"yes."

"yes?"

"yes i was looking for a wife. no i didn't figure on falling in love." my dad said and i smiled, happy that he might've actually found someone good for him. "you love me?" carol asked and my dad nodded.

"this is all happening so fast." my dad nodded, "well, there's no pressure. i mean, if i don't get married, i just won't deliver the gifts, and children everywhere will stop believing, the elves will lose their jobs, the north pole will disappear, bernard and meadow will be split, and christmas will be gone." my eyes widened and i was confused as to why he included me and bernard in this but bernard seemed to know why he included us.

"get down on one knee." i went over and whispered to my dad. "do it. now." he got down on one knee. "say, 'carol.'"

"carol."

"'you say this is happening all so fast.'"

"you say this is happening all so fast."

"'but you've known me your whole life.'"

"but you've known me your whole life."

"'when you are little and alone...'"

"when you were little and alone..."

"santa" we said at the same time and he turned to look at me, "i can take it from here" i nodded with a smiled and went back to stand next to bernard who put his arm around my waist.

"santa was always there for you. and i will be there for you, as long as you continue to believe in me. i know i'm asking you to leave everything at home, but i can guarantee you that this is worth it. this place... this place is all about magic and love and wonder. and occasionally a thin-crust pizza and a movie and a long winter night."

"is there a school here?" carol asked and my dad looked at bernard and i and we furiously nodded and my dad looked back at carol, "yeah, we have one, a school, but the elves need a new principal. cause as of late, some of the elves have been acting a bit impish. carol, i love you. would you be my wife."

carol smiled, "i will." she whispered and the two hugged. mother nature married them and my dad turned fat and grew a white beard. i smiled at the sight and then bernard looked at me and saw that my ears were back and so were my rosy cheeks. "meadow!" he said and i felt my ears, feeling points. i smiled and tightly hugged bernard.

charlie grabbed be away and we went to the sleigh. he tightly hugged me before getting in, "bye meadow. i'll see you sometime in the near future, hopefully." i laughed a little and kissed his forehead, "you definitely will. see ya." we all watched as my dad and charlie flew away on the sleigh and carol turned to look at me, "i forgot that he would look like santa and that scared me a little."

i shrugged, "you'll get used to it after a little." we shared a laugh and all of the elves went back inside to go celebrate. i was talking to carol about my dad when bernard pulled me away and we went outside. he lead me into the forrest and i looked around with a smile, "where are we going?"

"you'll see." was all he said and we ended up right next to a beautiful frozen over lake. i looked around and when i turned back he was on one knee. i gasped and threw my hands over my mouth.

"meadow... the moment you first stepped foot in the north pole, my life was going to change forever, and i just knew it. it feels like i've known you forever, personally known you forever. you balance me out. i'm stern and you're nice, we're like good cop and bad cop. these past eight years have been the most special years of my one-thousand and something years of living in the north pole. everything about you just feels so special and you lit up my life more than i thought you could. all i want to ask is... will you marry me?"

     i nodded and took my hands away from my face, "yes!" he smiled and put the ring on my finger before pulling me into a kiss. this was the happiest moment of my life.... until a couple years later when everything went to shit again.