The Tiff

Everyone was sharing their ideas, but Nivritti was standing still, silent. The only time she reacted was to cheer Jae-Hwa. Chung-Ho being as observant as ever noticed that. He knew she was still reeling with feelings about what happened yesterday. All she needed was a little compassion and encouragement.

"Do you have any ideas to share with us, Nivritti?" asked Chung-Ho, calmly.

She was avoiding eye contact with everyone. She just glanced at him and without looking into his eyes, silently answered "yes".

"Go on then," Chung-Ho gave her a nudge.

She looked around, all eyes were on her. She exhaled loudly and calmed herself. She would occasionally look at Chung-Ho and started describing her idea. Everyone was looking at her which made her nervous, but Chung-Ho nodded at her, and Jae-Hwa held her hand which gave her confidence.

She kept speaking and speaking and describing her idea. Jaws dropped on the floor. Everyone who was looking at her with contempt had awe in their eyes after hearing her idea. Her idea was awesome. The board didn't matter anymore after her idea.

Chung-Ho kept staring at her with his mouth open. After she was finished, she looked at him and gulped hard. But no one spoke. Everyone kept staring at her.

"So, any comment?" she asked Chung-Ho.

Her question jolted him out of his shock. He knew Nivritti was brilliant but was seeing her brilliance for the first time. Her previous employers had nothing to say but good things about her. They even said that they were sorry that she was moving on. The performance review she received from her previous employers cemented her position in the K&Q media company.

"That was brilliant, Nivritti," shouted Chung-Ho. "Why were you so reluctant to share your idea?"

"Why wouldn't she be, no one has talked to her since yesterday. Every one of you treated her like a leper," Jae-Hwa scolded everyone.

"Jae-Hwa," Chung-Ho calmed her down. He then looked at Nivritti. "Listen Nivritti, I know you are feeling uneasy as this is only your second day on the job and after what happened with Kat yesterday, you are scared. But remember we are here for you; you just need to keep working hard and presenting beautiful ideas," said Chung-Ho with all the love he could muster.

"Thank you, Mr Choi," smiled Nivritti.

"Now, do you know where the photocopy room is?" asked Chung-Ho.

"Yes, Jae-Hwa gave me a tour of the building yesterday," smiled Nivritti.

"You need to make a few copies of your presentation; Hu-ssi will need to approve your idea and you need to present it to him. If he rejects them, then we will keep working on the ideas on the whiteboard but present them just like you did now. Don't worry, you won't be alone, senior members of the script team, finance team and marketing team will be there. Also, our CEO is a very kind man so don't get nervous," informed Chung-Ho.

"Absolutely, Mr Choi. How many copies should I make?" asked Nivritti.

"Make at least fifteen for now. And please ask for help if you need it," Chung-Ho patted her shoulder with adoration.

"Sure, Mr Choi."

"The meeting is adjourned, we will meet again if something goes wrong with Nivritti's idea. All of you return to your seats," announced Chung-Ho.

Nivritti was the first to exit the room. She ran to her cubicle and sat down in her chair. She exhaled a big puff of air and let go of her tension and nervousness. Suddenly she felt that everyone was staring at her, that all the eyes were on her. she looked around and every one stopped looking at her and went to their seats. They all were impressed by her.