The Flusteration

Nivritti looked around for who would answer the woman's call. A tall, bespectacled, serious-looking man stood up. "Choi-ssi send you?" he asked, indifferently.

"Yes, sir, from the script department," replied Nivritti.

"Come with me," he signalled her to follow him.

They both exited the room and enter another room that said "INVENTORY" on the door. They both went inside where an old woman was sitting, playing games on her phone. Her face screamed that she was bored out of her wits.

Without looking away from her phone she asked, "new girl?" She was sure that Nivritti would not understand Korean.

"Yes," replied Mr Park.

"New laptop?" the woman inquired again and looked up. Nivritti bowed down to her, but she received no reply.

"Yes."

"Go ahead."

She went back to her games. Mr Park made Nivritti sign a couple of papers, scanned her ID, and handed her a laptop bag. It had a high-end, encrypted laptop, two pen drives, one hard drive, a portable charger, a charging cable, a USB cable, a manual, and a piece of paper that had the password of the laptop printed on it.

"You will have to return it, if and when you leave your job," stated Mr Park mechanically. There was no emotion in his voice.

"And what if I take it with me?" teased Nivritti.

"We will file a civil case against you," answered Mr Park, seriously.

"What? I was just kidding," replied Nivritti.

"But we are not, this is K&Q property. You can't take it or buy it. Just use it and return it when you leave the job," clarified Mr Park.

"Ookaay!! I won't kid anymore. Anyways thank you."

"Hmm..." there was not even a smirk on Mr Park's face. His mechanical voice was accompanied by an emotionless face.

"Right!" Nivritti rolled her eyes and left the IT department.

She came back to her department and placed the laptop bag on her seat. Chung-Ho just looked at her and asked in signals whether she got her laptop. She showed him the bag to which he nodded and went back to his work.

Nivritti closed her system, pushed the monitor into a corner, and made way for her laptop. She used the password on the paper to login to the system. She again typed in her credentials and her desktop flashed before her.

She took out the folder that had every detail of the proposal on it and started typing the proposal. She had to elaborate on every point and add a few points to it. This was going to take her time.

She was in deep her thoughts and typing when Him-Chan entered the script department. A few people noticed him and bowed down to him. He returned the gestures and went to the copy room. After spending a few minutes inside he went near Nivritti and stood next to her cubicle. But her concentration was on her work. She never noticed that someone came and stood next to her.

"Ahem..." Him-Chan cleared his throat to attract her attention, but she paid no heed. "Excuse me! Ritti!"

She looked up after hearing her name. "Ohh, Mr Joh," she immediately stood up and greeted him.

"Mr Joh?" he teased.

"Sorry, JH," she understood what he was trying to convey.

He smiled. "Good! Now, one schedule as ordered." He placed the schedule on her table.

"Thank you," she smiled at him, picked up the schedule and started scanning it. without realising that Him-Chan was still standing next to her cubicle she sat down in her seat. When she finished looking at the schedule with awe and shock she looked up and saw that he was standing next to her looking closely at her.