The Friendship

Kyung-Soo stood at his place, looking at Nivritti, perplexed. First, she was older than him. Second, she wanted nothing to do with him. Third, she called herself, an ageist. Was she kidding or was telling the truth? She just gave her opinion about the ages and left him speechless. She never waited for him to speak.

Fuming and after giving her two cents to Kyung-Soo, Nivritti opened the door.

But to her surprise, Jeong-Eun who was leaning on the door stumbled on her. She involuntarily caught him and supported him. He was too heavy for her. Kyung-Soo saw that his team member was about to get hurt but the tiny angelic girl saved him. He ran to her aid and helped Jeong-Eun stand up.

Nivritti bowed down to him and asked, "Are you okay?"

Jeong-Eun took a deep breath and said, "Am I? Are you okay?"

Before anyone could say further, Chung-Ho interjected, "Nivritti, is everything alright?" the concern on his face was clearly visible.

"Yes, Mr Choi, I am fine," assured Nivritti.

"Naavaritti, we are sorry on Thae's behalf," apologised Young-Chul and bowed down to her.

"No, no, please it's okay," she cried out. "As Kyung-Soo said Thae had to test it. you don't need to be sorry about that." Everyone was surprised because she called him by his name and her pronunciation was on point. Nivritti noticed that. She realised she made a mistake. Everyone addressed Kyung-Soo as either king or Nam-ssi.

But Kyung-Soo was not fazed. "Her name is Nivritti," he said to Young-Chul.

"What?" Nivritti was confused about what he was saying.

"He called you Naavaritti," explained Kyung-Soo.

"Oh, it's fine."

"You just lectured me, a few minutes back," pouted Kyung-Soo. Every team member stifled their smile and looked down.

Nivritti looked at everyone, shocked, but no one was looking at her. She opposed, "I didn't lecture you."

"No, no, Hyung is right. One should pronounce one's name properly, Nivratti," smiled Him-Chan. Yet again, her name was pronounced, wrongly.

Kyung-Soo rolled his eyes as he was an expert in taking her name and said, "just call her, Ritti."

"Mr Nam?" Nivritti was stunned.

"What?" asked Kyung-Soo innocently. "You just simplified your name for me."

"Oh, so only he can call you, Ritti?" teased Jung-Hwa.

"That's not what I said," said Nivritti, defensively. She took a deep breath and said, "Okay, let's start from the beginning. Mr Choi, I am fine. Mr Nam explained everything to me." She was glad that Thae was not there. She was low-key scared of him. "You guys don't have to be sorry. What he did is for the best. Now everyone knows my fear, they won't see me as a criminal."

"No one saw you as a criminal," pointed out Korain.

"Okay, not criminal but a bit cruel." Everyone nodded. "I am not cruel," clarified Nivritti, sadly.

"Everyone knows that now. We are very sorry," Young-Chul expressed regret, again.

"Thank you, Mr Man, and please stop saying sorry," requested Nivritti.

"We will if you accept our friendship," offered Korain.

"What?" Nivritti was baffled.

"Be our friend and we will stop saying sorry," nodded Him-Chan with a sweet smile.