Chapter Thirteen

Papa stood there, gushing over this beautiful girl, hugging him with such excitement.

Embry grabbed Papa and pulled him into the house, not even noticing the big, baby pink paper bag in his hand.

Jessica finally walked in from the back door and saw this strange older man, and how happy Embry was.

Papa walked to the kitchen table and placed the bag there, reached in and handed Embry a pink rose, "From my Angles."

Embry's smile grew even more as she held the pink rose close, smelling of it like she does every time.

This time Embry took notice of the bag, "What's in there?" She asked, smiling up at Papa.

"Yeah, what's in there?" Jessica stepped up next to Embry with a smirk on her face. "Who is this?" She whispered to Embry.

"That's Papa, he's our local preacher, his church is like super close to us." Embry explained, whispering back.

"Hold on. Did you just say you call him Papa?" She began to snicker, "What the fuck- Ow!" Embry smacked her on her arm.

"I-I'm sorry. Yes my church calls me Papa instead of Father. To me, it gives a more Fatherly touch to it. I just also didn't want to be basic, is all." Papa explained, "Plus I didn't start it."

"Well who did?" Jessica asked, seeing that something is off.

"Eh, the people that owned the church before I did, my father and my half brothers. My father actually started the whole church and I guess started the name Papa. All I know is every preacher that has worked there has been called Papa." He explained, stumbling on a few words.

"So a cult?" Jessica showing no emotion, one hand on her hip.

"No." Was all Papa said, trying to avoid all of this.

Embry scoffed, "Just go back to sitting down Jessica. I've got this." Embry chuckled, and shoving Jessica outside.

Embry came back and stood in front of Papa, "So, what is in the bag?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." He teased, his voice getting lower in volume.

Embry checked to see if Jessica can see the two secret lovers.

Nothing.

Embry placed a hand on Papa's chest and stepped closer, "I do wanna know."

Papa smiled down at her and placed his hand on her hips and pulled her closer, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Embry you dog!"

Embry and Papa quickly pulled away in horror.

The two couldn't even speak, seeing the smirk on Jessica's face.

"Sleeping with an old man! Get it!" Jessica hollered.

"Jessica! I'm going to kill you!" Embry scolded.

"Nah, you can't do that. That's against your ten commandments. Tell her holy man!" Jessica laughed.

Both of them still mortified.

Jessica stopped laughing, "Oh come on. I'm not gonna tell anyone. I, myself, am fuckin a 73 year old man for his money, and I'm a year younger than you."

Embry sighed in disappointment, placing her fingers on the bridge of her nose, "I'm not sleeping with him for money, Jess."

"Oh, so it's true love going on? Get it!" Jessica cheered for her bestie.

Papa couldn't even form words, just stood there in shock, not knowing what Embry was going to "Get".

"Okay I'll leave y'all alone. Get back to kissin'." Jessica sneered.