Meeting a New Friend

AN: So, even though I already have my Mollibby AU story on a bunch of other writing websites, I just thought I'd include it on this website as well since I am new to Wattpad. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my story, and I hope you enjoy the story!

Chapter 1

Meeting a New Friend

The sun slowly rose over the household of the McGees. Right in the attic slept a 6 year old girl named, Molly McGee. Molly slept peacefully in her bed, unaware that a mysterious entity was in the attic as well. The creature slowly floated towards Molly before it was right in front of her.

Sensing the entity's presence, Molly let out a yawn before waking up. She opened her eyes to see a ghost staring at her with the most spine chilling expression ever. Instead of being scared, Molly simply stared at the ghost with an innocent smile.

"Hi, Scratch!" Molly cheerfully greeted.

Seeing that Molly wasn't scared in the slightest, the ghost named Scratch immediately dropped his scary expression. "Really, Molly? You weren't the least bit scared? How I am supposed to scare anyone in Brighton if I can't even scare a 6 year old?"

"Oh, Scratch! You can never be scary to me!" Molly said as she embraced Scratch in a tight hug.

"Alright, that's enough!" Scratch pulled away from the hug. "So, how are you feeling about your first day of school?"

"It is so exciting!" Molly exclaimed. "I am going to make so many new friends! This is going to be the best day ever!"

Excited for her first day of school, Molly jumped out of bed before she joined her family for breakfast. Everyone sat at the table together, eating breakfast, but it was hard for them to ignore that Scratch was eating the leftovers.

Even after all these years, it was hard for the McGees to get used to the fact that they were living with a ghost. When they first arrived in Brighton, Pete and Sharon hoped that they would be living in a peaceful house, so they were both surprised to learn that a ghost was already living there. When he first met the McGees, Scratch ended up cursing Molly in an attempt to scare the family away, but the curse backfired on him, and now he and Molly were cursed to be together forever.

It wasn't all bad for Scratch though. Ever since the McGees moved to Brighton, he always had something to eat and he has even grown close to Molly and her family. Scratch was never going to admit it, but after all the years that went by, he considered the McGees to be family.

It wasn't long before everyone finished their breakfast, and Molly was now more excited than ever for school. Once he was ready, Pete stood up from his seat as he got ready to drive Molly to school.

"Are you sure you are going to be fine watching Darryl on your own while I drop off Molly, Sharon?" Pete asked his wife.

"Yes, Pete! Darryl can be a handful at times, but there's nothing I can't handle!" Sharon assured.

"Oh, keep telling yourself that! It wouldn't surprise me if Darryl ends up becoming a trouble maker at some point in the future!" Scratch commented.

"I'm sure that won't happen, Scratch! Anyway, let's go, Molly! I'll take you to school!" said Pete.

"Yay!" Molly cheered as she followed her dad to the car.

After Pete strapped Molly in her carseat, he started the car. Before he even left the driveway, Molly spoke up at the last moment.

"Waaaiiiit!"

"What is it, Molly? Did you forget something?" Pete asked.

Molly shook her head. "No. Do you think Scratch would want to come to school with me?"